IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Michigan Trad Sprints at Eldora
2/1/09, 11:48 PM   #1
Michigan Trad Sprints at Eldora
AlkyMadness

MTS just posted their 2009 sked and I see that they will be at Eldora on 8/1. I believe they will be sharing the bill with the Fastrack Crate late models.

Since MTS rarely ventures south without co-sanction, I'm wondering who else will be there. MSCS? Is it just a coincedence that Eldora and MSCS will release their final 2009 skeds in the next few days?

Another date of interest: 8/15 for the 1st Jack Hewitt Classic at Waynesfield.

2/2/09, 12:59 AM   #2
Re: Michigan Trad Sprints at Eldora
staggerman

I imagine it will include the Waynesfield non-wingers. Most MTS regular shows pay less than a $1000 to win so not sure how many guys will show up for it.

2/2/09, 7:25 AM   #3
PIT CART

We used to call that getting paid to practice.
JMO

2/3/09, 12:24 PM   #4
MTS

this a combined effort with MTS, waynesfield and eldora.. dont have the details for purse yet but it should be pretty good...

2/15/09, 7:43 PM   #5
Waynesfield_fan

this isnt on Waynesfields schedule i dont believe

2/16/09, 10:11 AM   #6
MTS

i think they may be running wing 360s that night.. the nonwing guys will go to eldora..

2/16/09, 10:41 AM   #7
Waynesfield_fan

then what is post number 4 on this thread talking about? its not like waynesfield is gonna give MTS points without scheduling a race.

but oh well because last year MTS didnt have a very good showing at Waynesfield. i wasnt impressed with them.

2/16/09, 1:21 PM   #8
MTS

not sure what you mean waynesfield giving mts points... the eldora race is an mts points race. this is a colaboration with us and them to insure a good car count... i think we will have a better showing this year at waynesfield, its always hard to show up on someone elses turf and beat em.. our highest finisher was 5th in that show.. also mark clark and caleb armstrong whent to that show chasing the MTS ohio vs michigan points.

over all we are expecting some very good midwest nonwing talent to race aug 1st.

2/16/09, 4:44 PM   #9
smbpreformance

All in all I think the MTS has done a great job promotine non-wing sprints in a part of the country that everyone said is winged land

With going into their third season they are starting to pick up steam and people are starting to notice

As for car counts MI is a big state it is a long haul for alot of the working man weekend racers to tow all the way to Waynesfield. The more they do joint shows those worrys start to ease

It does not matter the sanction just get out there and support non-winged

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Michigan Trad Sprints at Eldora