IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Lawrenceburg 5/18
5/18/19, 10:33 PM   #11
hoosierboy3

Interesting comment from Tmez on twitter regarding his b main and BOSS officiating

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/18/19, 10:33 PM   #12
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Not disagreeing that it is a dust bowl, as I’m not there, but hard to imagine that ANY dirt track in IN could be dusty with all the rain that has fallen over the last few weeks.

TSS not dry at all!

2 members like this post: openwheelfan1, tirespinner
5/18/19, 11:02 PM   #13
sprinter14

Had nothing to do with “officiating” with T-Mez. I think he will be taking that post back when he comes off the track. His raceceiver apparently was not working or he failed to put it in for the B Main. He won it. We just made him put on a show in the process.

2 members like this post: EPSpeed, tirespinner
5/18/19, 11:12 PM   #14
Gregg

Nick Bilbee wins it then blows up.

5/18/19, 11:16 PM   #15
Gregg

Feature top 10

17 Bilbee
4p Weir
6r Rose
42 Tilton
89 Westerfeld
82 Miller
18 Dallas Hewitt
44 Fischesser
26 Giddens
76 Hughes

5/19/19, 1:23 AM   #16
Re: BOSS at Lawrenceburg 5/18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Dust bowl? Never had trouble seeing anything and never wiped a bit of dust off me or my car and I was parked right off one.

got dusty a couple times, They knocked it down 85* and windy all day.

Anyway, I had a blast, absolute blast, The racing was good with the first B and late feature being the highlight reel. Tmez became don't p me off Mez in the B and won the thing from the tail. Then Bilbee by doing exactly what it takes to be good at the Burg moved around and did something different by running high in one and two and eventually running down and passing what looked like a sure win by Weir.

Was happy for Michael Fischesser for winning his hear going away.

Got to see many people and got a hug from the Packers of Mud, Seen and briefly chatted with JJ Hughes who was out making the kids happy. Dickie Gaines. Ilovedirttrackracing and others. Missed Gregg. and surely missed The Mayor Marv who was feeling a bit off today. Get better Marv, work a few breaks in here and there, We miss ya.

Was feeling good and laughing and smiling like I haven't in a long while, Uncle came and was great as always watching racing with him.

Track was smooth and there was lots of two and three car racing for position all night.

Only problem I had was it started late and ran late. But for that kinda show. It's worth it.

Little 500
WoO on Memorial day then.
BOSS at Moler 6/7
Indiana Midget Week for Burg 6/8
My short term plans
Have a good safe weekend.
Chuck

5/19/19, 5:44 AM   #17
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

Missed Gregg.
Sorry I missed you Charles. Glad you had a good time. I got there just after mods hotlaps. Saturday was the first day I could work on my yard to completion and with no rain. Saturday morning the back yard looked like an abandoned property.

Like Chuck said. Bilbee found something up high in T1-2 that no one else tried and stuck with. He made it work and it paid off.

Two red flags on the evening. With 1 lap in the books Moffatt spun, probably to avoid a slowing Dickie Gaines. Westfall got collected and both Joss and Matt ended up on their side. Then on lap 6 Dustin Ingle was upended by a tire barrier. Everyone was okay and no car was junked, at least to this untrained eye.

Kudos to Ty Tilton for a very good run to 4th. Not sure if he'd been to the 'burg before.

I've been able to keep the allergies in check. From the semis on I was sneezing like a crazy man, bothering the heck out of everyone within shouting distance. I realized the drugs I took wore off. Took more drugs but they diddn't take effect until I got home 20 minutes after the sprint feature. Up to that point I had a great time sitting with the Padfields, their friends and Todd & LeAnn Clemons and speaking a few minutes with Dave Foist.
Last edited by Gregg; 5/19/19 at 5:45 AM.

5/19/19, 11:32 AM   #18
hoosierboy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
Had nothing to do with “officiating” with T-Mez. I think he will be taking that post back when he comes off the track. His raceceiver apparently was not working or he failed to put it in for the B Main. He won it. We just made him put on a show in the process.
He claimed the penalty to be too harsh and is up in the air on returning for another race. Idk how the rules work with the radios I’m just seeing what he’s put on Twitter and I know he doesn’t sugar coat things. Wish I would’ve been there to see him charge to the front though. Also to see Bilbee pass Weir for the win. Sounds like a good night

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/19/19, 12:02 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I believe his Transponder didn't work in qualifying either which put him in the rear of the heat and therefore didn't crack the top four for a transfer.. IDK how this works on the lineup of the consi but if that also goes by times. it puts him at the rear as he didn't have one.

I was talking to my Uncle before the race and said that if someone goes up top for about five laps and dust of their own groove that they'd be the fastest car on the track. Well the top of one and two dusted off just from possition racing thru the field. About lap 14 Billbee went p and found it, was clearly gaining about five car lengths down there and then losing it all again in three and four. Weir had about a straight away lead when this all started. About lap 17 Bilbee also started coming off lower in three and four, from there on out, he ran him down, drove around Weir in two on lap 21 and never looked back.

IM stlll smiling, had a amazin night, of others seen and briefly chatted with were Kimberly R. Melinda Murray, Big thanks to Aaron Fry for the short chat and well wishes while I was down for the count.

See ya at the tracks!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/19/19 at 12:04 PM.

1 member likes this post: Kydehart
5/19/19, 12:18 PM   #20
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

Got to see many people and got a hug from the Packers of Mud, Seen and briefly chatted with JJ Hughes who was out making the kids happy. Dickie Gaines. Ilovedirttrackracing and others. Missed Gregg. and surely missed The Mayor Marv who was feeling a bit off today. Get better Marv, work a few breaks in here and there, We miss ya.
I'm glad someone spotted Rick, (AKA I LOVE DIRT TRACK RACING)as I havent seen any posts from him recently, about where him and the racing family were going. I didnt know but maybe he forgot to pay either his electric bill,or internet bill,or maybe both. Or if the power company and internet company had decided to just bypass the hamlet of Osgood,Indiana.

I figured the racing family would go to Lawrenceburg as its way closer than the USAC races in Illinois,and the racing family doesnt cross State lines to the West to go racing,although him and the Mail Man have always told me "Someday Quinn....Someday".....

Thanks......
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/19/19 at 12:24 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Lawrenceburg 5/18