IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #21 1/16/12 3:23 PM
JUST A PSYCH! Works every time! Just like the dogturd on the hood! Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Hurricane1x (Offline)
  #22 1/16/12 4:01 PM
To start the DRC tragedy really took the excitement out of Saturdays event. Just a really sad day and puts alot in perspective. I might get heat for this but during the time I spent in the pits if you look at Sammy he is always working on something trying to get the car better. I dont think they are cheating. The way I see it is they are 200+ other drivers and teams that have the opportunity to figure something out and try to beat them and so far nobody has found the answer. I'm ok with that. For me at the end of the day I had another great week and was able to see racing in January and was able to catch up with alot of friends that I have made over the past 10 years.

R.I.P. DRC
4 Likes: Danny Burton, Kansasdirtfan, sc17x, sprintman01
Offy22 (Offline)
  #23 1/16/12 4:55 PM
I have to shake my head at someone who finds fault with this years Chile Bowl. I thought the racing was terrific. I don't prefer a perfect dirt track but think a cushion, rut or two and some general uneveness is part of the sport. I personally consider the week the best deal in racing and this ain't my first rodeo. Pavement racing is performed on near perfect surfaces, need I say more?
DAD (Offline)
  #24 1/16/12 5:38 PM
[quote=huskermudd;267847]that was the worst i have seen the track in the 17 years i have been going to the chili bowl big rut in turn 1 and ruff all over

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

there not cheating because there are no rules but not every one can afford to build a special car for this race heck I could attack the track in one of there cars[/QUOTE

When they are good they sure do make it look easy. I could do that too but then I would need an oxygen tank for anything over two laps.

Honest Dad himself

---------- Post added at 4:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:34 PM ----------

Originally Posted by TQ29m:
JUST A PSYCH! Works every time! Just like the dogturd on the hood! Bob!
Win on Saturday sell tons of knock-off's on Monday. I want what Sammy was using it has got to make me faster. I would rather have Karl Kinser for a week.

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: DWX 9929, utex28
gio_momma (Offline)
  #25 1/17/12 9:22 AM
Originally Posted by huskermudd:
thats the problem Midget racing is all ready to expensive for the payouts and the chili bowl is going the wrong way with the purpose built cars and motors the swindels cars are not legal to run any where else but the chili bowl put them in a level playing field and then lets see how they do.
Both of the Swindell motors are legal anywhere. Kevin's was a 19k dollar sealed "EST" motor that ran all year in Kyle Hamilton's pavement car. It's for sale, BTW.

Sammy's is a 12 y-o TST (Titanium Short Track) motor that anyone can buy.
Drtchsr (Offline)
  #26 1/17/12 6:40 PM
Originally Posted by Offy22:
I have to shake my head at someone who finds fault with this years Chile Bowl. I thought the racing was terrific. I don't prefer a perfect dirt track but think a cushion, rut or two and some general uneveness is part of the sport. I personally consider the week the best deal in racing and this ain't my first rodeo. Pavement racing is performed on near perfect surfaces, need I say more?
How did it compare to last year to you?
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #27 1/17/12 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by rachasin:
HEY Drtchsr, Good to meet u wish was In that seat I sold u!!! I rented a rv spot a lot closer for next yr. Races were like u said, I like racing in Jan!!!! Hope to see u at more races. Headed for the desert CANYON HERE WE COME!!!

BOB

Posted via Mobile Device
yep....same here Drtchsr...n' Bob,glad you made it finally ok!!..but ur m/h was hit in the lot!!....what else gona happen b4 you get home??...
  #28 1/18/12 12:28 AM
Not to attack or defend, but the idea that the Swindell's are the only ones with purpose built Chili Bowl cars, or that they can afford more than others in the pits is just funny. I dare you to walk around and just look at the dollars being spent by some... to run the E Main.
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #29 1/18/12 1:10 AM
True enough Bruce...same can be said everywhere in racing!!..just that the man knows what,how to do it....just a little better than evryyone else....now Kevin is learning it from a very good teacher!!...good luck at "Winter Challenge"..and in '12...try n stop by ur pit!!...daily Radio show listener 9a-12 KTAR 92.3 Phx,Az