IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #1 2/17/23 12:21 PM
I know bashing USAC and the racetracks is a great past time, but I have to give Volusia Speedway Park, Bubba Raceway Park and USAC credit thus far this week. The shows have been very efficient and well run. Monday night at Volusia it got pretty cool pretty quickly after the sunset, and USAC and Volusia had the sprint feature done by 9:15 PM Eastern, and I think the LM feature was complete about 9:50 PM. We left Volusia Tuesday night after the sprint feature at 9:45 PM, and last night at Bubba Raceway the features were complete and the podium interviews done by about 9:40 PM. Volusia started engine heat at about 5:30 and then went in to hot laps, while Bubba Raceway started engine heat at 6:00, but in all cases, no one drug their feet and cars were moving in to position as soon as the previous ones left the racetrack. Good job by all!
20 Likes: 2fast4u, addictedtodirt, Al Pierce, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, NoDramazone2020, oldfan49, PIT CART, racenut69, stp6237, Will Shunk
snowdrift (Offline)
  #2 2/17/23 12:56 PM
Good show at Bubba last night very little track prep during the show track was great all night .Little hole going in to one but it was fun watching guys go low or high to miss it or go thought it Had a bunch of push trucks
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, openwheelfan1, Pancho Stapp
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #3 2/17/23 1:14 PM
I have been impressed that Volusia after so many nights in a row, can keep the track alive. Yes the fender cars can slick it off, but that is the way they like it. Good track last night at Ocala.
3 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, openwheelfan1, PIT CART
NoDramazone2020 (Offline)
  #4 2/17/23 3:25 PM
Good racing so far...Lets hope they can fix the microphone issue.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 2/17/23 4:11 PM
Having used wireless microphones before, they don't always work everywhere.
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #6 2/17/23 5:04 PM
Originally Posted by snowdrift:
Good show at Bubba last night very little track prep during the show track was great all night .Little hole going in to one but it was fun watching guys go low or high to miss it or go thought it Had a bunch of push trucks
Reminded me of the dip/hole going into turn 1 at Eldora i used to see. Spent time over there during the late 80’s early 90’s when Tray and Cary House were racing there. My pops and I worked with Kermit and Cary at Westinghouse. Those were some good times. A track with character is cool, i hate late model tracks. Dry slick from top to bottom. They can have it.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, snowdrift
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #7 2/17/23 5:17 PM
Cary was in the Frampton #95 and Tray was doing his thing with Murphys IGA Supermarket ride out of Chesterfield back then. First time i met Pup and Jon Stanbrough back in the day.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, snowdrift
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #8 2/18/23 9:48 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Having used wireless microphones before, they don't always work everywhere.
Is that what cost you a Grammy, Brent?

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
4 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, racenut69
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 2/18/23 4:53 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Is that what cost you a Grammy, Brent?
Gave up on wireless before I was nominated lol. Worked for a couple of sound engineers that had venues where they wouldn't work.
2 Likes: flagboy55, Stevensville Mike
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #10 2/18/23 6:13 PM
I think the racing series need to contact the WWE. Their wireless mic’s work all the time and take a lot of abuse as well 😆