IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series
9/13/23, 6:47 PM   #1
Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series
Maverick Winged Sprint Series

Today, Kevin Newton, the President, and CEO Honest Abe Roofing Company in conjunction with Joe and Jill Spiker of JS Promotions announced the formation of the Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series. The inaugural event will be held on Friday, October 6 at Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana. A $32,000 purse will be posted with a $6,000 top prize going to the winner of the 30-lap main event.
In 2024 it is anticipated that the new wing 410 series will offer a ten-to-twelve-week schedule with races slated at Lincoln Park and Bloomington Speedway’s with additional dates and venues to be determined. Jill Spiker of JS Promotions noted, “we felt the time was right to move in this direction. We remain committed to traditional sprint car racing but see this as a natural landing spot for drivers interested in moving up from 305 wing sprint cars.” Spiker also notes that many drivers who race traditional sprint cars “have shown an increased interest in expanding their horizons.”
Kevin Newton of Honest Abe Roofing remains an active competitor in wing and traditional sprint cars and has lent his support to a wide range of racing ventures. “I enjoy wing racing and our State doesn’t have that,” Newton says, “We are strong in the non-wing realm, and it will remain strong, but there is plenty of bandwidth for wing racing to have a spot here. I reached out to JS Promotions with the idea, and they said let’s do it. I am excited to give drivers who came through the micros and 305’s the chance to progress in their career.”
The October 6 race schedule is as follows.
Pit Gate opens 3pm
Pit Admission $40/10 & under free
Main Gate opens 5pm
General Admission $25/10 & under free
Hot Laps 6:30
Group Qualifying 7:15
Racing 8:00
2024 Top 10 Point Fund - 3000,2000,1500,900, 800, 700, 650,625,600,575
For more information check out our facebook page which is under construction or info@mavericksprints.com
Attached Files
Maverick Announcement.pdf (142.5 KB, 36 views)

9/13/23, 9:15 PM   #2
IndianaSprintFan

So as a causal fan who doesn’t know much other than the obvious between wing/ non wing. How hard would it be for local non wing cars to run both ways if they so desire.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/13/23, 9:37 PM   #3
Re: Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Non Wing has a wider front axel. Rear Ride height is lower on Non Wing. More stagger on Non Wing
I've seen the same car run both in one night but if the classes run back to back, Forggetaboutit.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, Ken Bonnema
9/13/23, 9:47 PM   #4
Twister17

To be competitive there’s far more differences then a front axle. Wheel offsets, birdcages, shocks, engine heights, torsion bars, front arms and engines. That being said it’s fantastic that there’s wing racing in Indiana that pays well!

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, tirespinner
9/13/23, 9:58 PM   #5
staggerman

I pretty excited to see some more winged 410 shows in Indiana. Too bad they are running against MOWA at Jacksonville on Oct 6 with their first race at Putnamville. Would have thought the Illinois cars would help the car count. If they ran Putnamville on Saturday that would be a great 2 day weekend.

1 member likes this post: Joe Schaub
9/14/23, 9:52 AM   #6
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Non Wing has a wider front axel. Rear Ride height is lower on Non Wing. More stagger on Non Wing
I've seen the same car run both in one night but if the classes run back to back, Forggetaboutit.
Yup. Just shot the USAC/Elite Outlaw show last weekend. Paul White ran both classes and had different cars for each.

9/14/23, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Yup. Just shot the USAC/Elite Outlaw show last weekend. Paul White ran both classes and had different cars for each.
Let's face it there are far more high paying winged races. We need more races for drivers here in Indiana.

9/14/23, 10:23 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I wish em well, I just don't see it. take a base and dilute it further.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/14/23 at 11:53 AM.

9/14/23, 1:02 PM   #9
motorhead748

There hasn’t been many to judge from but How was the fan attendance at the wing shows in Indiana the last couple years other than the WoO shows? Didn’t FAST have a couple this year? And ASCOC last year?
That may be an indicator of how this may do.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/14/23, 1:52 PM   #10
Rpracing1

If this is a standard purse per event, then it is significantly larger than an upper ASCS event purse.

I think Abe has pretty deep pockets.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/14/23 at 1:55 PM. Reason: punctuation

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series