IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Track Surface - FAST/BOSS
7/18/23, 4:11 PM   #1
Paragon Track Surface - FAST/BOSS
staggerman

How is Paragon's track surface nowadays? Does the track surface stay nice all night or does it revert back to rubber down conditions? Got the FAST/Boss 2 day combo event coming up July 28-29 and wondered if the racing will be good or rubber down follow the leader. Think they will do all right getting nonwinged cars going against ISW but think it might be thin on the winged front. Should be interesting

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/18/23, 5:54 PM   #2
cmiracingvids

Although the racing has been pretty decent, they have so much to work on there. They still haven’t figured out how to push off sprint cars efficiently. They advertise hot laps at 6 and at 6:15 the water truck mists the track. Hot laps don’t start until 6:45-7. Then usually a 20 minute track rework every week before the sprint feature. This has helped the track for the feature, just annoying that there’s 20 minutes every week waiting. But it’s been very dry for heats and usually really hard to pass.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/18/23, 6:02 PM   #3
RACrappieman

I was there this past Saturday and the track was reworked/watered before the feature. The track was beginning to take rubber before the feature. I believe that the new owners are making an honest effort to provide a good racing surface. With that said, the cushion was very thin to non existent. I only stayed for the sprint feature but the racing was good.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, oppweld, tirespinner
7/18/23, 8:54 PM   #4
The55

I have only been once this year but the track was excellent for the feature (this was the race before the 4th I believe). Track was not conducive to passing in the heats but a rework helped greatly. The biggest issue is not time reworking the track but just too many classes.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Track Surface - FAST/BOSS