IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Emergency meeting tomorrow
6/20/23, 4:46 PM   #1
Emergency meeting tomorrow
motorhead748

I’ve seen this on fb. If I wasn’t gonna be out of town I’d ride over from Cincinnati to support circle city.
Attached Images
IMG_0948.jpeg (126.2 KB, 202 views)

6/20/23, 4:57 PM   #2
brown11b

Circle City hasn’t taken the necessary steps to play nice on this.

This isn’t a case of a historic track that people moved next door. Most of the residents have been there a long time, before the track.

The track needs to:
1. Ensure races end earlier, especially work nights.
2. Institute a muffler rule.

6/20/23, 5:51 PM   #3
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown11b View Post

This isn’t a case of a historic track that people moved next door. Most of the residents have been there a long time, before the track.

The track needs to:
You are 100% correct.

6/20/23, 7:45 PM   #4
Pitdad

Who doesn’t have a muffler rule?

6/20/23, 8:44 PM   #5
Re: Emergency meeting tomorrow
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
Who doesn’t have a muffler rule?
Eldora, THAT

6/20/23, 8:55 PM   #6
sprintracer82

When I raced with MTS we had a muffler rule for all nights. Going back to pavement racing, I havent seen one night were they tell us to run mufflers. I remember in the early 2000s Berlin raceway telling sprintcar teams to quiet down or load up. I just got a set of Borla mufflers for my car even though its not a rule.
Nick Landon
Feather Ruffler Engineering

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, PIT CART
6/20/23, 10:00 PM   #7
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Eldora, THAT
Paragon and Putnamville also do not require mufflers. I don’t think gas city does either.

6/21/23, 9:22 AM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown11b View Post

The track needs to:
I can remember back in the mid-90s when Hartford Speedway reopened as a dirt track. They actually had a curfew - 2300 hours I believe. Along with that was a local noise ordinance that had to be obeyed.

Now these guys knew that going in but continued to impinge on both. Bad blood between them and the city was made. It actually got to a point where a town council woman took a decibel meter to the track, marked off the proper distance, and measured the noise. This incident led to even worse things when the owner approached her and her young teenage son, who was actually holding the meter, and a physical confrontation occurred. But that is not the point. The point is, as noted above, if you do not play by the local rules, you will not be playing much longer. If mufflers are what it takes, by all means get mufflers on the cars.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ginblueearth, motorhead748
6/21/23, 9:55 AM   #9
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I can remember back in the mid-90s when Hartford Speedway reopened as a dirt track. They actually had a curfew - 2300 hours I believe. Along with that was a local noise ordinance that had to be obeyed.

Now these guys knew that going in but continued to impinge on both. Bad blood between them and the city was made. It actually got to a point where a town council woman took a decibel meter to the track, marked off the proper distance, and measured the noise. This incident led to even worse things when the owner approached her and her young teenage son, who was actually holding the meter, and a physical confrontation occurred. But that is not the point. The point is, as noted above, if you do not play by the local rules, you will not be playing much longer. If mufflers are what it takes, by all means get mufflers on the cars.
There are all kinds of stories of tracks with HARD curfews. From fines that doubled every time the curfew was exceeded to stories of the promoter being hauled away in a police vehicle.

For every track that does not have a hard curfew enforced by the local authorities, you should have a soft curfew that you enforce yourself. You should also run the track as if you were about to face a $1,000 fine if the races are not over by your curfew.

Finally, when it comes to mufflers, we should ask our friends out west. I always wear earplugs when I go to the races. I was at Ventura and the cars were about to push off for the first time. I put my earplugs in like I normally would and the person next to me gave me a strange look. I had never heard such a quiet race car in my life. I soon took out my earplugs and could actually hear the entire PA system during the race.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/21/23, 2:33 PM   #10
NoDramazone2020

I am of the opinion there is nothing they can do to make the neighbors or the other fair folk happy.... they don't want racing there...period...end of story.

1 member likes this post: Bill Angel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Emergency meeting tomorrow