IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > smackdown
8/21/14, 9:02 AM   #51
Re: smackdown
retired14

From the looks of the radar, and the forecast for tomorrow, it don't look good at all.

1 member likes this post: agar
8/21/14, 9:24 AM   #52
Will Shunk

Big complex of rain/storms moving SE from Chicago. As it travels SE, if it moves east 50 miles, Kokomo Speedway is spared a 2 hour downpour. The rest of the day would then be hot and muggy with only pop up T-storms. If it hits the track, it could be 2-3 inches of water and a likely postponement for tonight. Should have the answer by 1 pm today based on the timing of the rain.

8/21/14, 10:26 AM   #53
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks Frank and Thanks to all for the report
Last edited by agar; 8/21/14 at 10:28 AM. Reason: add info

8/21/14, 10:47 AM   #54
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I live 30-40 miles south. The sky is starting brighten up some here. The front is moving southwest to northeast. So the rain will move out. The question is how much longer until it clears the track and how much rain happens before it clears.

I think this is going to be one of those game time decision days based on the timing. If things can't start at 6, could they push it back a couple of hours?

8/21/14, 11:33 AM   #55
JarrettFarms73

Everything I've seen shows clearing mid afternoon and muggy.
Keeping my hopes up for another ISW type weather pattern. Didn't that storm dump like 9" of rain in 12 hrs across IL and Kokomo got very little and still ran?

Lord, when I asked for the staff and it's participants to find rest this weekend, watering the track isn't what I had in mind... Thank you for the smell of burning methanol. Amen!
Pretty sure God's a "gasser".

8/21/14, 11:55 AM   #56
flagboy55

all the radar maps I see shows it done raining in kokomo and nothing behind it. but the best forecast still shows 50/50 chance of precip. have not been able to find any post from usac or the track yet. this is my only day off in 14 and its 2 hour drive. anyone know if they are still gonna try for tonight?

8/21/14, 12:06 PM   #57
JarrettFarms73

USAC posted to fB 30 mins ago already stopped in Kokomo and all indications say LETS GET IT ON!!!

2 members like this post: Justigit, Nate
8/21/14, 12:44 PM   #58
Justigit

Kokomo area has been in a drought for quite a while. Any rain in the past few weeks was quickly soaked up by the very dry ground. After talking with a lineman a few days ago, while they were setting poles he said it was powder dry 6' deep! So its my guess that most of this current rain will be sucked up pretty fast as well. I know the track was packed pretty good so I think there will be racing tonight ! Can't wait

8/21/14, 1:00 PM   #59
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Obviously I'm not in kokomo right now but in gas city the wind is blowing a bit and the sun is peaking through the clouds..I'd say its about the same over there.

Tyler

2 members like this post: PIT CART, veteran68
8/21/14, 1:37 PM   #60
Nate

USAC and and the track are both hopeful they will get tonight's race in via Twitter/Facebook. Weather Channel calls for 0% precipitation through 7pm and only 40% chance of scattered storms the rest of the evening. Thats reason enough for me to still leave work at 2 and head over. See you all there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > smackdown