IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > smackdown
8/20/14, 8:07 AM   #31
Re: smackdown
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

There is absolutely no way to know if rain is going to affect anything this weekend. Scattered rain chances means exactly what it says. There’s a chance it might rain, there’s a chance it might not rain. If there is rain, how much and the timing is really all that matters. There were a couple days last week where it rained 20 miles away from me, and I didn’t see a drop on any of those days. You can’t predict where it MIGHT rain. I went to an IndyCar/USAC double at Richmond, VA one year. There was a 90% chance of rain on race day. It was literally raining 10 miles from the track in every direction. Didn’t see a drop of rain all night, it was like we were in a rain free vortex. The only place it matters is the plot of land Kokomo Speedway sits on, no way to know if that gets rain.

If I based my racing on forecasts, I’d see pretty much 0 races every year.

If you’re looking for what local Indy weather said, Thursday has the highest chance of rain. Friday and Saturday better. Saturday looks to be the driest.

6 members like this post: cwfan08, duel, FishBurger, rg1, scottyCbus, speed bump
8/20/14, 8:30 AM   #32
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

The forecast its self is still changing..i have seen something different from every weather station out of indy, although what we get indy may not get and vice versa. Tomorrow doesnt look the greatest but I am still planning on being at Kokomo Speedway watching a race, will that happen..won't really know until tomorrow. Last summer for midget week at Gas City there were thunderstorms all around the place and a 80% chance of rain and we got the entire night in..anything is possible in this state..just continue to hope for the best .

Tyler

8/20/14, 10:11 AM   #33
EBAY

I have 2 - 3 day passes with pit passes for sale due to medical issues. Section C, Row 20. Please call Eric @ 847-544-6504. Can deliver to the track on Thursday. Thanks for your consideration.

8/20/14, 10:57 AM   #34
retired14

Daggone weather. I just hope that we all haven't made motel reservations, and bought 3 day tickets, just to come up there and sit in the motel and watch it rain 2/3 of the program out. I'll be there, but phooey on Mother Nature.

8/20/14, 11:33 AM   #35
Nate

I haven't been over to Kokomo since Sprint Week and the weather then looked just as shady however they got it in and in my opinion it was some of the best racing I've seen this season. Kokomo is one of the best tracks in the country when it comes to getting shows in.

2 members like this post: racefan20, speed bump
8/20/14, 11:58 AM   #36
dustbowl

It's not a local show at paragon don't you all think that there is going to be a lot effort in racing this event, even if it means late nights or two races in a day... Etc. did anyone see the Knoxville nationals forecast ??

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing
8/20/14, 2:08 PM   #37
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I probably know more about weather than anybody I know and I think the rain is going to track south of Kokomo about 4 or 5 miles.Then again maybe not.Either way I ll be there
Last edited by mc/rider; 8/20/14 at 3:45 PM.

5 members like this post: bandres21, BrentTFunk, cjm3535, EPSpeed, speed bump
8/20/14, 5:16 PM   #38
19racer

Sunday is a rain date should it be needed

8/20/14, 5:29 PM   #39
Gw275

Watching the weather on the news and it looks promising to get all 3 nights in.

2 members like this post: cjm3535, i love dirt track racing
8/20/14, 5:46 PM   #40
Steve

I went to Macon Illinois in May for a POWRI show with 0% chance of rain and it rained out. So I say every show is 50/50. LOL

3 members like this post: Flatrightrear, Steve Wendel, veteran68
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > smackdown