IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Speedway (PA) To Introduce Virtual Flagman
1/28/24, 11:53 AM   #11
Re: Lincoln Speedway (PA) To Introduce Virtual Flagman
jonboat15

Lincoln is my home track. I've been sitting in the same spot almost every week for forty years, I've seen a lot of changes in those years. I guess the current owners are trying to take things to the next level and I don't care much for it. Lincoln was one of the first tracks to move the pits out of the infield and that was great for the fans, then the current owners decided to put up an annoying eye blinding jumbo tron in the infield that now obstructs viewing. I don't mind the big TV too much but why in the infield? The virtual flagman is just stupid, I don't like it and I'm sure many don't but we'll get used to it as time goes by. The Biggies of the sport trying to take every aspect of the sport to the next level turns me off and I'm losing interest so I may become a virtual fan or find another type of racing interest. Lincoln's weekly crowd has been shrinking the last couple of years and their restrooms are about the worst facilities of any of the fancy tracks in the area they won't spend anything on them and it certainly does keep lady fans away. They have made improvements on running efficient shows due to complaining neighbors and it is nice to be out of there before midnight. I'm looking forward to the up coming season and hope to see some good racing regardless of the virtual BS that is out there.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld
1/28/24, 12:27 PM   #12
flagboy55

I don’t get the scorn towards the people who watch the streaming. I go to race’s and I watch the stream. I buy the subscription, therefore I’m a paying customer. I buy product that is advertised on the stream. As far as the virtual flagman, I’m actually surprised it took this long even though it’s been done already a few other places. As a flagman, I don’t like it, but hey you can’t run a midget on a half mile anymore either so…..

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Speedway (PA) To Introduce Virtual Flagman