IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Alex Bright
7/25/23, 10:46 PM   #21
Re: Alex Bright
yeleyfan76

Folks. 22 cars starting means 11 are on the outside row. One car on the outside took out the car on the inside. No one else had an issue it’s that simple. Own up to the mistake and go forward.
One would hope it was not intentional, not sure anyone said it was. Who cares how nice of a guy he is or he isn’t a guy that drives recklessly. He blew it so own it. Ultimately we have an injured driver and less important a totaled race car. As mentioned by others the rescue personnel were at the car immediately and gave the best care you could ask for.
I still would like to know why the 4 and 15 kept the front row after a botched start. Chet dropped the hamma then yelled oh no! Where was the ruling on two guys screwing around on a start?? They should have been moved back. If so maybe this whole thing doesn’t happen.
Get well soon Alex!

7/26/23, 7:06 AM   #22
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister17 View Post
Was it intentional, absolutely not. Was it avoidable absolutely. At some point there has to be a little accountability. Jake spun his tires and could have lifted and chose not too plain and simple.
If I could get the picture to load it looks like Swanson got some help from behind from Leary

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/26/23, 9:27 AM   #23
jonboat15

Get Well Alex!! I've followed his career for about 10 years now and he is fun to watch. Bad wrecks and even worse wrecks happen in the sport we love, I don't like it either but we keep coming back. The top tier racers are no different than other top tier athletes in that they play for keeps, they are not hobby racers. They make their livings off the sport and take that very seriously and don't necessarily care about showing respect to weekend racers. I've seen about every traveling series give good calls to their members over the local guys, they take care of their teams and just care if there is enough locals to show up if needed.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
7/26/23, 11:36 AM   #24
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
Get Well Alex!! I've followed his career for about 10 years now and he is fun to watch. Bad wrecks and even worse wrecks happen in the sport we love, I don't like it either but we keep coming back. The top tier racers are no different than other top tier athletes in that they play for keeps, they are not hobby racers. They make their livings off the sport and take that very seriously and don't necessarily care about showing respect to weekend racers. I've seen about every traveling series give good calls to their members over the local guys, they take care of their teams and just care if there is enough locals to show up if needed.
That's interesting. Without the weekenders the pros couldn't make a living because the fans would not show up for a 10 car show.

4 members like this post: oldfan49, PIT CART, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Alex Bright