IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown @ Williams Grove
12/4/15, 7:50 PM   #1
Silver Crown @ Williams Grove
Vukie

RT@Williams Grove
THE CHAMP CARS ARE COMING! @USACNation Silver Crown will return to WGS for the Horn-Schindler Mem. 100 on June 10th

USAC Racing is coming back to The Grove!

For the first time since 1981, the Silver Crown Champ Car Series will return on Friday, June 10th for the Horn-Schindler Memorial 100!

This race will be a 100 lap feature, bringing back a popular USAC event run from 1947-1974. Joining Silver Crown for an all wingless night will be the American Racing Drivers Club - ARDC Midgets.
Last edited by Vukie; 12/4/15 at 7:56 PM.

12/4/15, 8:21 PM   #2
treecitytornado

Maybe some BOSS Non-Wing 410 Sprints for an Open Wheel Spectacular!

1 member likes this post: WinglessFAN
12/4/15, 11:56 PM   #3
WinglessFAN

I've been holding out hope that the BOSS guys would @ least come somewhere near central pa to see them.. Not every track is a motor track.. Hopefully Susquehanna's new management can make it happen down the road but there is also grandview is a a perfect bullring for them but too far east...

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
12/5/15, 12:18 AM   #4
Re: Silver Crown @ Williams Grove
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
RT@Williams Grove
THE CHAMP CARS ARE COMING! @USACNation Silver Crown will return to WGS for the Horn-Schindler Mem. 100 on June 10th

USAC Racing is coming back to The Grove!

For the first time since 1981, the Silver Crown Champ Car Series will return on Friday, June 10th for the Horn-Schindler Memorial 100!

This race will be a 100 lap feature, bringing back a popular USAC event run from 1947-1974. Joining Silver Crown for an all wingless night will be the American Racing Drivers Club - ARDC Midgets.
Sounds good to me, I've never seen Silver Crown races

1 member likes this post: trecraft
12/5/15, 7:52 AM   #5
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Maybe some BOSS Non-Wing 410 Sprints for an Open Wheel Spectacular!
I love BOSS, but this is ALREADY going to be an open wheel spectacular! Thank you USAC and Williams Grove.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4 members like this post: EBookerFan, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
12/5/15, 8:53 AM   #6
nonwing77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I love BOSS, but this is ALREADY going to be an open wheel spectacular! Thank you USAC and Williams Grove.
I don't see usac allowing another sanction of nonwing sprints running with them. And conversely I don't see Boss running with usac. Just doesn't make sense really for either group.

12/5/15, 11:16 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

ARDC Midgets go with the program. No wings all around.

Boss did mention racing at a track that hasn't seen NW in over 20yrs
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/5/15 at 11:17 AM.

2 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge
12/5/15, 12:11 PM   #8
sprinter14

I'm surprised Walt Brown is not also listed as part of the memorial event. 7-29-51 as part of Black Sunday in that event.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/5/15, 12:12 PM   #9
Vukie

The 410 winged sprints have that Friday night off.

http://www.paposseracing.com/index.p...eedway-june-10

Fourth 410 Sprint Car Date Added To 2016 Selinsgrove Slate

SELINSGROVE, Pa. – Selinsgrove Speedway will present a special “Friday Night Lights” racing program in 2016 featuring the popular 410 sprint cars at 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 10! The first Friday night 410 sprint car race at the track in 10 years will be highlighted by a 25-lap main event!

The latest 410 sprint car date at Selinsgrove for next season is due to Williams Grove Speedway’s announcement this week of the United States Auto Club (USAC) Silver Crown Champ Cars appearing at the Grove on June 10.

TJ Stutts of Liverpool, the speedway’s defending Mach 1 Chassis 360 sprint car champion, was the last driver to win a Friday night 410 sprint car race at Selinsgrove on March 24, 2006. In fact, Stutts won back-to-back Friday night 410 sprint car events that year with a victory the previous week on March 17 while driving Gary and Patti Beam’s No. 88.

The June 10 race will be the first of two special events at the historic Snyder County oval over the early June weekend. Selinsgrove will also host the finale to the Appalachian Mountain Late Model Speedweek Series on Sunday, June 12. There will be no racing on Saturday, June 11.

Other 410 sprint car dates at Selinsgrove in 2016 will include the All Star Circuit of Champions Sunday, April 24; PA Speedweek Finale Sunday, July 3; and the Jim Nace Memorial National Open Saturday, Sept. 17.

For a complete schedule when it becomes available, the latest news, results, and race status, visit selinsgrovespeedway.com or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

12/5/15, 5:50 PM   #10
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

The silver crown cars needs to be at track like this! Having new tracks host the silver crown hopefully help grow the series more. I like this!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown @ Williams Grove