IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #41 7/29/23 11:15 PM
No one in the thread is talking about the wing portion of the paragon show. They ran real sprint cars each night as well…. Would have been a cool show to run next week. You know, not against isw
2 Likes: JarrettFarms73, PIT CART
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #42 7/29/23 11:27 PM
The new Paragon owners know nothing about racing. They get the word out on facebook. I think maybe the new owners never saw a race.
Moreland76 (Offline)
  #43 7/30/23 12:02 AM
I was only talking non wing sprints in my post, sorry for any confusion anyone has.
The55 (Online)
  #44 7/30/23 12:06 AM
This is a pretty funny argument. A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend. Apparently folks here don’t want a CVS across the street from a Walgreens or a Meijer near a Walmart. Definitely shouldn’t have a Ford and Chevy dealership in the same town. I suspect most here like competition, you know, like the American way.
6 Likes: Bill Angel, Kart#51, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, tirespinner, trackprep
Twister17 (Offline)
  #45 7/30/23 12:23 AM
The only real downfall was that the low car count at Bloomington didn’t help get the bottom run in. Having a lane of grease to start a feature is un acceptable.
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #46 7/30/23 7:21 AM
(A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend.) I went and it sorta looked that way. Just maybe 200 people in the stands.
Kart#51 (Offline)
  #47 7/30/23 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
(A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend.) I went and it sorta looked that way. Just maybe 200 people in the stands.
Yep, Econ 101.
Kart#51 (Offline)
  #48 7/30/23 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by The55:
This is a pretty funny argument. A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend. Apparently folks here don’t want a CVS across the street from a Walgreens or a Meijer near a Walmart. Definitely shouldn’t have a Ford and Chevy dealership in the same town. I suspect most here like competition, you know, like the American way.
Right on! We complain about Hoosier having a “monopoly “ on sprint car tires and series.

Then we complain when another track/ series races and creates another opportunity for racers, whom aren’t going to run the ISW. Competition( if this show was deemed as competition vs Bloomington )is good and will organically work its way out.

The love of the juxtaposition.
5 Likes: hoosier race fan, Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART, tirespinner, trackprep
The55 (Online)
  #49 7/30/23 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Kart#51:
Right on! We complain about Hoosier having a “monopoly “ on sprint car tires and series.

Then we complain when another track/ series races and creates another opportunity for racers, whom aren’t going to run the ISW. Competition( if this show was deemed as competition vs Bloomington )is good and will organically work its way out.

The love of the juxtaposition.
Competition was probably a bad choice of words, maybe an alternative is a better choice. There really isn’t much that can compete with ISW. Paragon is nostalgia to me. I went there as a youngster and remember Beavers, Gaines, Gilstrap and others. I like what the new Paragon owners have done with the new stands, restrooms, lights, etc and hope they have success.

A+ for use of juxtaposition.
6 Likes: dkdorkboy, erich45, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
hoosier race fan (Online)
  #50 7/30/23 3:14 PM
If Paragon would have scheduled the FAST winged sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers on Friday night, then had FAST, BOSS, and Hornets on Saturday night, the critics probably wouldn’t have said anything.