IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou
6/24/19, 3:00 PM   #11
i love dirt track racing

Get well soon Robert Ballou. The racing fans only wish you and your family's the best. See you at the racing events soon. Thanks for all the great things that you do for us racing fans. Simply the best. Thanks.
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 6/24/19 at 3:09 PM.

6/24/19, 7:30 PM   #12
Re: Robert Ballou
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Dang....sorry to hear this. Hang in there, Robert. Lots of fans praying for a complete recovery. We want to see you gas it up as only you can do!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, tirespinner
6/24/19, 8:22 PM   #13
openwheelfan1

For those that nay not have FaceBook, Robert Ballou's FB page reported that he has a compound fracture of the Ulna and Radius in his arm. He had surgery this morning (Monday June 24) which was successful and is expected to recover.

6/25/19, 7:07 PM   #14
Hammer

Hope you make a speedy recovery Robert, that was a pretty crazy way to take the checkers. You had them covered and just one of those wrong place wrong time racing deals,very unfortunate. Congratulations on a well deserved win.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/25/19, 7:20 PM   #15
PIT CART

Get well Madman 🏁

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/25/19, 7:58 PM   #16
Jerry Shaw

Get well soon, Robert. This racing scene will definitely miss not having you out there on the track. This win and the Josh Burton are the 2 best runs through lapped traffic I've seen this year. It's a shame that this one had to end the way that it did.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/26/19, 7:29 AM   #17
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Congratulations on winning the Darland Memorial!!
Prayers that you heal well and quickly!!

6/26/19, 3:43 PM   #18
openwheelfan1

FYI to those that don’t have FB. Robert required a second surgery today, and according to the post will likely require a third surgery Friday. Sorry, no reason given.

2 members like this post: racegal, tirespinner
6/26/19, 4:47 PM   #19
Jerry Shaw

http://petersenmediainc.com/robert-b...zv-nR91U63YRKg

PETERSEN MEDIA: Going from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in a mere blink of an eye, Robert Ballou is now on the mend with a broken arm following a hard crash seconds after winning the Bob Darland Memorial on Sunday at Kokomo Speedway.

“I want to thank everyone who has reached out and checked on me the last few days,” Robert Ballou said. “It is disappointing to get hurt right when things really pick up out here, but I am thankful the injuries aren’t more serious. We will be out a while, but we will be back.”

The Rocklin, CA native put together a strong weekend that saw him finish second on Friday night at Gas City I 69 Speedway, before flexing his muscle on Sunday in Kokomo, IN and picking up the Bob Darland Memorial win.

As he took the checkered flag, circumstances would arise with a car getting out of shape in front of him, and with nowhere to go, Ballou tried to take evasive action but couldn’t avoid what was hard contact with the slowing car.

Getting upside down following the hard hit, Ballou ended up with a fractured arm that has led to multiple surgeries, forcing him to the sidelines for an extended period of time.

“Hopefully I can heel up quick and get back to doing what I love in not time at all, but I want to make sure I am good to go before getting back behind the wheel,” Ballou added. “Again, just want to thank my fellow drivers, fans, and everyone that has reached out and checked in on me.”

Stay up to date with Robert’s recovery process via his Twitter account @RobertBallou81 or via his facebook ‘Robert Ballou Motorsports.

Robert Ballou would like to thank Dickinson Farms, Abreu Vineyards, Deaton’s Waterfront Service, Rossie Feed and Grain, Berks Western Telecom, Inc., MPHG Promotion, Unique Breedz, Suburban Subaru, Jamie Davidson Scrap Metal, Twister-X, Hinchman Indy, Don Ott Racing Engines, Manvel Motorsports, Blakesley Auto, Olson Custom Design, Konnected Clothing, Hooker Harness, Indy Race Parts, Hoosier Tire, Schoenfeld Headers, ISC Racers Tape, Chalk Racing Products, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Saldana Racing Products, and Arai Helmets for their support.

ON TAP: Ballou will be out in the upcoming weeks recovering from injuries sustained on June 23rd.

2019 BY THE NUMBERS: Starts- 16, Wins- 3, Top 5’s- 6, Top-10’s- 12

STAY CONNECTED: Stay up to speed with ‘The Mad Man’ by following him on Twitter @RoberBallou81, liking https://www.facebook.com/robertballoumotorsports/, or by clicking over to www.balloumotorsports.com.

PETERSEN MEDIA: Petersen Media is a promotional agency that can handle your public relations, marketing, and any other promotional needs. Petersen Media utilizes multiple tactics to help you reach your intended audience, and boost awareness.

For more information contact sales@petersenmediainc.com, by phone at 916-342-3424,visit http://www.petersenmediainc.com, http://www.facebook.com/PetersenMedia, or follow http://www.twitter.com/petersen_media.

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/26/19 at 4:49 PM.

6/26/19, 6:37 PM   #20
BrentTFunk

Robert's timing couldn't have been worse. The way he was running, I think he would have been a contender for $20,000 at Knoxville. Here's to a full quick recovery for Robert. If my memory is right, the last time he had some sheet time he came back with a win at Eldora. Maybe it will work that way again.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou