IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Williams Grove
6/13/19, 8:15 PM   #11
Re: Silver Crown Williams Grove
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

What is it about 1/2 miles that keep the owners from putting cars on the track?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/14/19, 12:08 AM   #12
jdull99

I know many on here are race team supporters & ticket buyers, but I bet if anyone sponsored a team for the tow bill from Indy to WG, paid some crew members to take the time to go, & a little extra for "misc" expenses; there would be more cars entered...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

6/14/19, 9:05 AM   #13
Non wing lover

I don't understand that either half miles never draw many cars but go to a mile track 40 or50 cars I just don't get it

6/14/19, 9:59 AM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The halfs they run on tend to be heavier and exert more forces than the big miles that slick off quick.

Also Travel expenses. .
19 or 90 it's still going to be the same five or ten runnning for the win. So your out a B main.

Id love to see em do a double header at Bridgeport in the 5/8ths with em and sprints on the 3/8ths. Something about that place I like

1 member likes this post: erich45
6/14/19, 10:02 AM   #15
staggerman

In my opinion you have very few owners who are running the whole series as you got guys who run pavement only or dirt only. So there is no incentive for guys to have to run the half miles. With a long tow and the expenses that come with competing the $700 start money doesn’t go far.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, erich45, tirespinner
6/14/19, 1:07 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The halfs they run on tend to be heavier and exert more forces than the big miles that slick off quick.

Also Travel expenses. .
19 or 90 it's still going to be the same five or ten runnning for the win. So your out a B main.

Id love to see em do a double header at Bridgeport in the 5/8ths with em and sprints on the 3/8ths. Something about that place I like
Good idea, but I don't think they ever use both tracks on the same nite. I made my first visit 2 days ago for Eastern Storm.... cool place
Anyone in that area with time on their hands should check out Simeon Museum in Philly. Like most of the folks here, I'm not a sports car fan, but they have some of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....TL._SX425_.jpg

6/14/19, 1:08 PM   #17
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Good idea, but I don't think they ever use both tracks on the same nite. I made my first visit 2 days ago for Eastern Storm.... cool place
Anyone in that area with time on their hands should check out Simeon Museum in Philly. Like most of the folks here, I'm not a sports car fan, but they have some of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....TL._SX425_.jpg
https://www.simeonemuseum.org/the-collection/

6/14/19, 2:39 PM   #18
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

If a one off show is the problem for car counts then maybe make it a two or three show swing. There are three big half miles in PA, A 5/8s in NJ and 1/2 miles in Maryland and Delaware. Let's face it how many average race fans knows what a champ car is? How many have ever seen one? and of those who have seen one, how many are under the age of 60?

6/14/19, 2:58 PM   #19
hoosier race fan

Port Royal, Hagerstown, and Bridgeport would all be suitable hosts for a silver crown race. A pavement stop at South Boston, the IRP of Virginia, would be a cool addition to the schedule also. Never going to happen, but I would like to see it.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
6/14/19, 3:21 PM   #20
Non wing lover

That was a good race there the other night

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Williams Grove