IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Thomas Jr
5/27/19, 8:29 PM   #41
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Naaw, car lag and the fact that a Tornado was zeroing on my town as I drove home caused my Faux Pax. House and town still in tack!

5 members like this post: flagboy55, mterry85, PIT CART, PJ Wright, WinglessLovers
5/27/19, 9:23 PM   #42
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

Good to hear you’re Ok, storm just blew thru by my house . Just strong wind n hail, no tornadoes. Take care, God Bless those that have been effected by the storms.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, interpreter66, oppweld
5/28/19, 7:54 AM   #43
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganDaltry View Post
Kevin,

Thank you for responding to this as it offers both sides to the story. I have no problem with you "tootin your own horn" allowing us as fans an awareness of who you are and how many races you have won. Bravo! The fans (your fans specifically) have expectations and love the thrill of what you bring night after night to the track. You are correct, most of us do not know you personally, therefore we rely on what we see to form our opinions and race fans pay close attention to detail.

Kevin - When you become a "public figure" in today's climate of social media, phone cams, etc. you give up the right of privacy and are held to a higher standard than "Joe Racefan" You see Joe Racefan can talk smack all day - he is NOT in your role as a professional race car driver.

You must under all circumstances keep you "emotional control" in check. What you did tonight was inappropriate and quite frankly you deserve to hear the comments of your fans/the public as they are giving you tremendous feedback on your past and present behavior. You did NOT "give the hand gesture to one "gentleman"-you gave it to the entire track. Unbecoming, unprofessional, and you cannot defend your action of poor judgment, loss of emotional control and overall bad behavior. Do you understand that parents are saying on this and other forums that their children witnessed what you did? Since you mention 3 years-has that not taught you anything about the consequences?

As a personal note- I believe that you came on here to cover yourself...after the sanctions placed on Robert Ballou last year and him being banned by a few track operators, it is very clear your compliments to Tommy H. were entirely disingenuous. You now are concerned that your actions may have consequences and you want to make sure to appease this track owner to avoid eviction or sanctions against you and perhaps other track operators will follow suit.

Personally, I believe you should be sanctioned. As you stated, you are a pro (over 100 times per you) and you are a role model. If this reaction to one fan breaks you down, perhaps you should seek professional help. Be proactive Kevin, tell us you will take a anger management class. When you are at the wheel of a machine that can potentially do bodily damage to another human being, it concerns me that you lack self emotional control.

Profanity - spoken or an a gesture by a public figure is NEVER acceptable and the fans who come out, drive the miles, and spend the money to see you race deserve more from you. Perhaps, you can tell us, moving forward what you will do to keep that image of role model and professional racer. The ball is in your court Kevin.
Much of these kind of posts are Pollyannish, holier than thou, PC, and smack of a kind of moral indignation much too common in today's world. Who did KT hurt? Only those who fit into one of the previously mentioned categories.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Emd645e6, JakeCroxton, sp6967
5/28/19, 9:51 PM   #44
Re: Kevin Thomas Jr
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Jeeezz!!!
Lucky thing for them it wasn't a USAC show, right Robert?
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

2 members like this post: Koko06, Rpracing1
5/30/19, 8:00 PM   #45
Koko06

Totally agree with you 1808

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Thomas Jr