IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Thomas Jr
5/27/19, 4:00 PM   #31
sp6967

Always a fan of ktj,now a bigger fan.got to like guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

3 members like this post: Can26, Charles Nungester, meteorman
5/27/19, 4:09 PM   #32
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinthecircle View Post
You all act like this isn’t the 1000th time he’s thrown a fit.
Exaggerate much? He admitted his mistakes and apologized for them. Moving on....
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: oppweld, WinglessLovers
5/27/19, 4:38 PM   #33
bmemmer

First off I want to apologize to Kevin Thomas Jr for the name calling. Wasnt the right way to handle the situation. I stand by every word I said besides the insult.I am just not keyboard jockey either. I go to 40 to 60 races a year across the whole midwest. I love when a driver speaks his mind but have facts first before just speaking out. All the Usac drivers were all up in arms last week about the race being cancelled and not making any money. I'd say majority of the teams were already at the track or really close when that last cell hit the track. Tommy could of easily cancelled the race because on my way home from work every single field I passed was under water. Tommy did Tommy things and got the track ready to race and it was definitely passable and the drivers were able to make some money. Was it the best we have seen Tri State? No but it wasnt by far to the extent that he carried on for it to be. Next time it rains just before the race I wont blame Tommy or crew one bit for cancelling after the treatment they got last night. Just be thankful for a change that your able to do the sport you love and quit taking things for granted. I could be totally wrong here but as far as I can remember I don't ever remember him getting out of a car and just flat out saying I got beat by the better driver tonight. It's always something. With that being said we should all move on and enjoy being able to go the races while we still can. See everyone during midget week.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, Indy1808, oppweld, ryan84
5/27/19, 4:51 PM   #34
Re: Kevin Thomas Jr
HDINDY

Kid wheels the s---t out of a car and that's what we pay to see. Next time he should just walk up and punch the S---t out of the fan. And if your kids get upset over a middle finger imagine how bad they will feel when the local school makes a transgender bathroom. Anything else said is between him and Tommy ..

3 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld, PIT CART
5/27/19, 5:11 PM   #35
yeleyfan76

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester;514051]I don't know who said what, how it was said or done. I usually hear KTj Bashing himself if he loses or don't win. Anyway, If he did, He did. IDK.

However whitewashing this sport isn't the way to go either.

Karl and Steve would sit in victory lane and flip off the boo birds every night, point at the check and say where's your car and driver? and the next night more would come to see them.

Sammy and Earnhardt would punt or rattle peoples cages and get people hating on them (Including me) ANd they became legendary, Great racers not withstanding.

A fight on Nascars first live TV event launched 30 years of growth.

A.J never held back once giving anyone hell he felt deserved it and they loved him for it. Even punched people in victory lane after retiring and becoming a owner.

Wow!! Didn’t know KTJ won enough races and (wait for it) championships to be in the category of drivers you just mentioned. He says he has won the most non wing shows the last three seasons. Ok. Go win a title. Work hard and win with class. Not a hard concept is it. Most of these guys are hot heads. When the others you mentioned were racing society wasn’t as soft as it is today. He screwed up and now he moves on. People ragged on Ballou when he spoke so this isn’t new territory. Not sure if he flipped the crowd off tho. When ktj gets to the level of the all time greats then compare personalities. Until then shut up and drive.

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
5/27/19, 5:37 PM   #36
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

As Bill Murray once said,"Lighten up Francis!" My take on all this a couple of tired and frustrated guys got in front of a mic and said some things they wished maybe they would like to take back. I was on the way to the car so I saw nothing and heard little of the confrontation with the fan. Kt apologized enough said. Before someone starts rumors, remember Kt and CJ will not be at the next scheduled race due to midget week. Buy your tickets now for the next episode 30 June USAC vs MSCS. I hear it's going to be "Treated Tire Night!

3 members like this post: bmemmer, Charles Nungester, flagboy55
5/27/19, 5:54 PM   #37
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

It wasn't Bill Murray, It was Sargent Hulka that uttered that phrase. as long as we're making corrections.

2 members like this post: 3Cfan, t_inmyface
5/27/19, 6:05 PM   #38
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I forgot Sgt Hulka said it, One concert and five races later just got home (400) mile trip.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97
5/27/19, 6:39 PM   #39
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
I forgot Sgt Hulka said it, One concert and five races later just got home (400) mile trip.
Hope that You enjoyed the trip and wasn't trying to be mean spirited.

5/27/19, 6:39 PM   #40
ossuks

Cracks me up....all the IMO complaining from some of the same that shame me for
being negative...lmao...

2 members like this post: interpreter66, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Thomas Jr