IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > questions about indiana sprint week
2/28/15, 12:43 PM   #21
i love dirt track racing

Come to the track early and walk around enjoy some great Hoosier hospitality and meet the best race fans in the world. Great time and great racing. Have fun and enjoy and welcome to iow.

2 members like this post: oldfan49, racing2bwithu2
2/28/15, 1:21 PM   #22
Re: questions about indiana sprint week
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flattracker87 View Post
well first off I have obviously asked the questions in the right place...!!!!
thank you all who have replied, the info and volume of it is great.. and exactly what I had hoped for...
I have been by terre haute during a trip to Eldora about 10 years ago.. (during the week)
other than that iv been by steve kinsers' shop in Bloomington, and been to ims.. what else would you guys (or gals) recommend??

thanks again...
About 9 miles north of Kokomo on rt 31 there is Grissom Air Base which has about 20 war jets and planes in the yard and a nice indoor display as well. You could take it all in, in a couple hours go eat late lunch and still be at the track at 3 to mark your seats.

Don't know your taste in things but the best wooden roller coaster in the world is about 40 minutes east of Tri State at Holiday World. Santa Claus IN. There is also Lincolns boyhood home. nearby.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/28/15 at 1:23 PM.

3/1/15, 3:17 PM   #23
Jonr

You need to schedule your trip to include the Indy 500 museum. They used to have two tours of the track. Spend the extra money and go on the longer tour. It takes you to some pretty cool places at the track. I have been several times, and enjoyed it everytime.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
3/3/15, 6:03 PM   #24
Harley09p

Rent a camper stay at tracks Great party's

3/4/15, 6:51 AM   #25
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I live on the NW side of Indy (whitestown) and my drive times are:

Gas City - 1 hour 10 min (as long as traffic isn't horribly on 465)
Kokomo - 45min to an hour depending on traffic in kokomo, but should be better now with the new 31
The Burg - 2 hours
Terre Haute - 90 min
LPS - 50 min to an hour
Bloomington - 1 hour 30 min
Tri-State - ????? never been but somewhere around 3 hours I think, may be less now with the portion of 1-69

however I would still prefer to camp over night at the tracks instead of drive to and from every night. We used to tent camp at Gas City then go to Kokomo and drive home after that night. Have yet to be able to go to every single night. However, I just bought a new 29' camper this year, hoping I'm home for sprint week to use it.
Last edited by VSneader2; 3/4/15 at 6:56 AM.

3/4/15, 7:19 AM   #26
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

There is a auto museum in Kokomo

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > questions about indiana sprint week