IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg
4/5/15, 10:49 AM   #51
Jim Gardner

Was I the only one that heard Ballou blast the racetrack over the PA for being dangerous and going to hurt someone after the race? What was that all about?

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, wildman92
4/5/15, 11:51 AM   #52
Re: Lawrenceburg
robert gatten

No Jim you heard right. He said something to the effect that they need to get someone that knows how to prepare the track better before they get somebody killed.,
Last edited by robert gatten; 4/5/15 at 4:48 PM.

3 members like this post: Hotrod, sc17x, treecitytornado
4/5/15, 12:25 PM   #53
billyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Sprinter View Post
Kevin Thomas Jr. failed to report to the scales and was DQ'd voiding his 4th place finish.
CAR MUST HAVE NOT HAVE BEEN LEGAL. I wonder about that team??

4/5/15, 12:31 PM   #54
Sprintchick

Who was Hampton driving for

4/5/15, 1:36 PM   #55
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintchick View Post
Who was Hampton driving for

4J, Ottinger

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4/5/15, 2:20 PM   #56
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The cautions appeared to be very costly for Dave Darland. I left wondering if Chad Boespflug thought he was actually in second place, instead of being a lap down. He was really racing hard, and I lost count of how many times DD had to repass him each time the caution came out. Many in the stands felt the debris caution, was unjustified, as many were chanting "NASCAR yellow". Had a good time though. Very strong crowd for such a cool evening.

4/5/15, 2:38 PM   #57
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
The cautions appeared to be very costly for Dave Darland. I left wondering if Chad Boespflug thought he was actually in second place, instead of being a lap down. He was really racing hard, and I lost count of how many times DD had to repass him each time the caution came out. Many in the stands felt the debris caution, was unjustified, as many were chanting "NASCAR yellow". Had a good time though. Very strong crowd for such a cool evening.
The debris caution was justified as a wheel cover was laying at the top of turn 4. Chad thought he was out of the way by running the top obviously not knowing the guys behind him were coming around the highside. DD was probably lucky there were not any cautions earlier in the race as the guys who started behind him were coming fast.

On a good note it was good to see Logan make it to victory lane, and the race for 2nd through about 8th was intense those last 8 laps. The track needed some work, but with all the rain I'm just glad they were able to get the show in. On to the next one now.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, ronmil
4/5/15, 2:41 PM   #58
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
Was I the only one that heard Ballou blast the racetrack over the PA for being dangerous and going to hurt someone after the race? What was that all about?
I thought he said something about remote bleeders? Anyone know of these?

4/5/15, 2:52 PM   #59
brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
I thought he said something about remote bleeders? Anyone know of these?
He's talking about the new electronic bleeders made by Jeff swindell. However he was wrong because the reason he got a flat was because there was a hole in the tire. Some people are just never happy and complain about everything. Just take the podium finish and shut up.

4/5/15, 2:57 PM   #60
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
The debris caution was justified as a wheel cover was laying at the top of turn 4. Chad thought he was out of the way by running the top obviously not knowing the guys behind him were coming around the highside. DD was probably lucky there were not any cautions earlier in the race as the guys who started behind him were coming fast.

On a good note it was good to see Logan make it to victory lane, and the race for 2nd through about 8th was intense those last 8 laps. The track needed some work, but with all the rain I'm just glad they were able to get the show in. On to the next one now.
Thanks for the info! From my vantage point near turn one, I, and apparently those vocal people around me, didn't see anything picked up. You are right about the people behind him coming fast. DD appeared to have second place sewed up, but the faster cars behind him really closed in. I noticed that he was awarded fourth place, not the seventh I thought he was in when I left.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg