IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jmamcd (Offline)
  #51 1/7/24 1:05 PM
I live halfway between Eldora and Williams Grove. My home track is Kokomo and my favorite event is Smackdown.
3 Likes: azsprintfan1, BrentTFunk, oppweld
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #52 1/7/24 6:22 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
From where?
Aren't you the guy who takes long motorcycle trips?
Yes & im from Cincinnati area sw Ohio. Lincoln is around 450 miles from me. I rode over last year for one day of opening weekend. The weather was phenomenal that week and they actually scheduled a race for the Thursday before opening weekend because it was 70!
It’d need to be 50 or so For me to do a 900 mile day this year.
7 Likes: azsprintfan1, BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, jonboat15, luckybuc97, MDposse, oppweld
revjimk (Offline)
  #53 1/7/24 9:51 PM
Originally Posted by jmamcd:
I live halfway between Eldora and Williams Grove. My home track is Kokomo and my favorite event is Smackdown.
I guess you you REALLY prefer "traditional sprint cars"!
2 Likes: azsprintfan1, oppweld
revjimk (Offline)
  #54 1/7/24 9:54 PM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
Yes & im from Cincinnati area sw Ohio. Lincoln is around 450 miles from me. I rode over last year for one day of opening weekend. The weather was phenomenal that week and they actually scheduled a race for the Thursday before opening weekend because it was 70!
It’d need to be 50 or so For me to do a 900 mile day this year.
Impressive... its a 4 or 5 hour drive for me to Central Pa., & I only do it for multi-nite shows
I wonder how old you are?
2 Likes: azsprintfan1, BrentTFunk
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #55 1/8/24 5:51 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Impressive... its a 4 or 5 hour drive for me to Central Pa., & I only do it for multi-nite shows
I wonder how old you are?
I’ll be 66 in April … but I’ll say I’m 26 with 40 years practice!!
7 Likes: azsprintfan1, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, jonboat15, luckybuc97, mc/rider
berks co (Offline)
  #56 1/8/24 12:51 PM
I’m from 20 miles away from Kyle Larson’s favorite track
Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville PA

Daniel Cohen
revjimk (Offline)
  #57 1/8/24 6:14 PM
Originally Posted by berks co:
I’m from 20 miles away from Kyle Larson’s favorite track
Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville PA
I'm thinking about moving to that area when I finally sell my late Mom's house...
Know any small houses in the country with a big garage?
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #58 1/9/24 1:48 PM
The closest track to me is Limaland, only a couple of miles away. Been going there 20+ years, I refuse to accept them as my home track or probably ever go back. Especially after screwing over one of their local drivers for making a post on facebook in 2023. I'll claim Waynesfield or Montpelier as my home track.

Corky