IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Quantrill (Offline)
  #1 2/4/13 9:20 PM

In our continuing commitment to promote Lightning Sprints in Middle America we are pleased to announce that the First race on our 2013 race calendar will be named

Mid-America Lightning Sprints presented by Jayhawk Millwright Spring Nationals!

Not only has the name changed but also the payout. We have increased payout for the entire field starting with a guarantee of $650 to win and $70 to start. Race date is April 13th at L.A. Raceway in LaMonte Missouri.
Mid-America Lightning Sprints presented by Jayhawk Millwright will be supporting W.A.R. non winged sprint cars and ASCS warrior 360 Sprint cars touring series. April 13th is the start to the 2013 lightning sprint racing season and we felt it needed to be started with something special!
We also realize that it is difficult for teams to tow long distance to participate in any MALS races, so we are glad to add tow money for anyone that is planning on coming to any MALS races this season. There are limited numbers of these incentive programs so be the first to plan a trip to Middle America. The limited tow money will be handled in this manner. "The first 5 drivers that pre-register for any of the four MALS events of 2013 AND TAKES the green flag in the A Feature of that event with a one way tow of 500 miles or more will be eligible for a $100 tow money award. Actual mileage determined by Google Earth." If a driver fails to make the A feature the $100 will go to the next driver in line determined by order they preregistered. Preregistration will be done by email only! Please email your name, town and car number to mbillingsracing@gmail.com if you meet the above criteria. We encourage anyone from any other group to come see what we have to offer and we hope this tow money will make your trip easier.
For full payout, rules, news and schedule please visit our web site at http://www.midamericalightningsprints.com payout for the spring nationals is listed under tab L.A. Spring National payout.
RHarr (Offline)
  #2 2/5/13 10:55 AM
It's great to see folks making an effort to draw in more racers. I do have a question though on the tow money. As I read it, you only offer tow money to those that make the A Main. Is that correct?
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #3 2/5/13 1:46 PM
To answer your question......Yes........and you need to pre-register first and state your address so it can be verified by Google Earth. The first 5 that are pre-registered that take the green flag in the A feature get the $100. We had to create incentive to make the main. So if you meet the critirea and are seriously thinking of coming to one of the MALS races, don't hesitate to at least pre-register.

Posted via Mobile Device
Quantrill (Offline)
  #4 2/5/13 9:30 PM
Just to let everyone know,, we have four drivers preregister at this point. Two for the April 13th race and two for the May 26th race.

Here is a little video I put together from my in car at L.A. raceway. Track is wide open with plenty of run off area as you can see.

You Tube Video