IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #21 11/14/09 9:02 PM
I'm pretty sure USAC did not start 33 cars when they ran the Hut 100 at Lincoln Park. Would they start 33 at Haubstadt?
Hamby812 (Offline)
  #22 11/14/09 9:06 PM
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe:
I'm pretty sure USAC did not start 33 cars when they ran the Hut 100 at Lincoln Park. Would they start 33 at Haubstadt?

From what I heard, yes they are plannin on starting 33 cars.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #23 11/14/09 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy:
Weren't we all ******** about not having one this year? We will have one next year and people are still ********. Give it a rest folks. Support the race if you want to or don't support but ******** about it here won't do any good. Go find the money and make 100 lap race at Terre Haute if this doesn't meet your needs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Did I miss something here, I made a simple post not bitchxxx.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
dirtywhiteboy
  #24 11/15/09 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Did I miss something here, I made a simple post not bitchxxx.
Dirtfan, my apologies. I see that when I clicked reply it quoted your post for some reason.

I didn't mean for that to happen and it was a mistake on my part.
dirtball (Offline)
  #25 11/15/09 12:27 PM
Much longer drive from here in Milw. I can understand the engine costs running 100 laps on a 1/2 mile. I'll miss em at Terre Haute, but I believe midgets are for 1/4-1/3 mile tracks, sprinters on 1/2 miles and Silver crowns are for the mile dirt tracks.
2 Likes: Bruce Harrison, c47
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #26 11/15/09 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hamby812:
From what I heard, yes they are plannin on starting 33 cars.
I presume that would be 11 rows of three? This race would be worth attending if only to see such a start, although I would imagine it might lead to some of these

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
Joey Woods (Offline)
  #27 11/15/09 3:22 PM
Make everybody happy and get Pizza Hut to sponsor it.

The Pizza Hut 100
micro94 (Offline)
  #28 11/15/09 6:51 PM
My 2 cents again.Have a 100 lapper if you want but if its not at Terre Haute its not the Hut Hundred.Call it the goof ball hundred or whatever you want but not the Hut Hundred.I personally think the only way you can move that race to another track and keep the prestige of it then you move it to the mile at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.Im not saying it isnt great or wont be but change the name.
Hamby812 (Offline)
  #29 11/15/09 8:23 PM
Originally Posted by micro94:
My 2 cents again.Have a 100 lapper if you want but if its not at Terre Haute its not the Hut Hundred.Call it the goof ball hundred or whatever you want but not the Hut Hundred.I personally think the only way you can move that race to another track and keep the prestige of it then you move it to the mile at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.Im not saying it isnt great or wont be but change the name.

Dumb question...who owns the rights to the name Hut Hundred? USAC or Terre Haute.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #30 11/15/09 10:22 PM
I heard USAC.....