IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four Crown
9/11/18, 10:36 PM   #1
Four Crown
dirt330

Do all 4 divisions qual. for this event. If so that could take awhile.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, tirespinner
9/11/18, 11:16 PM   #2
flagboy55

As most of the folks on IOW are probably tired of reading, the 4 crown is my favorite event of the year. And yes all divisions qualify but it doesn’t take long at all. This year I believe, the Big Cars are going to qualify on Friday with the World of Outlaws program so that should streamline Saturday a bit. I have a lot of reasons for loving this event, not the least of which is value. I challenge anyone to show better racing for the money!

9/12/18, 12:55 AM   #3
Re: Four Crown
cowboyhar69

I was thinking last year the midgets were timed in their hot lap session...maybe someone could verify that?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3 members like this post: dirt330, mhessel, tirespinner
9/12/18, 12:59 AM   #4
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
As most of the folks on IOW are probably tired of reading, the 4 crown is my favorite event of the year. And yes all divisions qualify but it doesn’t take long at all. This year I believe, the Big Cars are going to qualify on Friday with the World of Outlaws program so that should streamline Saturday a bit. I have a lot of reasons for loving this event, not the least of which is value. I challenge anyone to show better racing for the money!
I love it too, even if Eldora isn't my favorite track. . And I will be there again. Hope to see you there.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
9/12/18, 12:48 PM   #5
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

This will be my first Saturday 4-Crown; so my first real one. I'm excited as this has been bucket list for years. Hope for decent counts in all divisions. I do wish they'd start at like 2 to hot lap and time trial M,NW,Wings and then take a 2 hour break (or so) to completely redo the track; and hot lap Silver Crown at 6 and roll into heat races.

9/12/18, 2:58 PM   #6
revjimk

The one time I went, a few years ago, time trials weren't the problem, it was about 2 hrs spent on track prep before actual racing started. Fans were getting frustrated.... I actually was falling asleep during Silver Crown & i'm generally a night owl. Every time I woke up, Chris Windom was still ahead, so I left "early" rather than fall asleep at the wheel.
That said, I'd go again in a heartbeat if I was close enough & had the time!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, tirespinner
9/12/18, 4:38 PM   #7
flagboy55

Rev, that track rework was a debacle. I saw plenty leave early and felt bad for them, especially the kids. Heck there were people sleeping on the bleachers. But I’m sure they learned from that experience and last year wasn’t a problem. Let’s not forget we have 4 classes of our beloved open wheel racing so it’s going to take a little bit. We all criticize Eldora at times and I do too, but the place is still great and how about a shout out to the ELDORA Push Trucks. Real unsung heroes in keeping things moving at the Big E!

9/12/18, 9:38 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

I have been to every 4 Crown except the first one , and 1984. One of my favorite events.

9/13/18, 12:08 AM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Rev, that track rework was a debacle. I saw plenty leave early and felt bad for them, especially the kids. Heck there were people sleeping on the bleachers. But I’m sure they learned from that experience and last year wasn’t a problem. Let’s not forget we have 4 classes of our beloved open wheel racing so it’s going to take a little bit. We all criticize Eldora at times and I do too, but the place is still great and how about a shout out to the ELDORA Push Trucks. Real unsung heroes in keeping things moving at the Big E!
Like I said, I'd go again in a heartbeat!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/13/18, 12:11 AM   #10
revjimk

You know what I'd like? They should open up Earl's big dance hall & have a kick ass band, like maybe The Mavericks? Make it a 5 Crown!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four Crown