IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #21 7/11/19 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by speidel21:
Track is still racing micros and another class tonight.
Track totally cancelled night when they couldn't get enough cars to come to track.

Bruce Eckel
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #22 7/12/19 3:59 AM
2008 Staab did inspect the track and mentioned the three things needed fixed before race day. Was promised it would get done. Race day, Not fixed. They actually got two of the three problems fixed before race time but couldn't move a grader sunk in the mud outside turn one. The sanction was pulled but a race in both sprints and midgets still run. Got a little strange when a officer needs assistance went out after a little sanction mocking by the announcer. dozens of police showed up. Thought I was at a Blues Brothers Concert with police every five feat across the top of the grandstand.

As for this race, Read Tim Clauson's post on Facebook. I don't know who's right or wrong as I feel there are several tracks run with some serious safety concerns and nothings said.

However I Lean on the side of safety but it's ultimately a drivers decision to strap in or not.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: rachasin, sjracer26, tirespinner
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #23 7/12/19 8:38 AM
Just read Mr Clauson's facebook post. Regardless of the ******** involved or if maybe a decision should have been made earlier, it seems the right call was made. Much better to error on the side of safety. With what this sport has taken from his family, I'd say he has the right to be cautious if he sees something that doesn't seem up to par.
5 Likes: dirt330, Ken Bonnema, midget39, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
Slider20 (Offline)
  #24 7/12/19 9:11 AM
Yet I've seen no one comment about midgets flipping out of turns 3 and 4 at Red Dirt and almost landing in the woods due to there being no catch fence... We will never know! It's all irrelevant at this point. Ready to see some racing tonight.
2 Likes: nonwingkingofkalifornia, tirespinner
Ray3 (Offline)
  #25 7/12/19 9:29 AM
I have an idea. Before you sign a race, go to the track and inspect it first like they used to do. If you don't want to drive there to inspect it, ask the promoter to send you pictures of things like the catch fence, wall, turns, etc etc. Everyone has a Smartphone with a camera today and can instantly text or email pictures.
11 Likes: bighd0522, billw, bmemmer, flagboy55, Hotrod, jdull99, Jerry Shaw, Momentum Suspensions, PIT CART, spicoli, tirespinner
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #26 7/12/19 9:33 AM
I tried "Tim Clauson" & "Clauson-Marshall Racing" but could not find that post. Is there another?
jjones752 (Offline)
  #27 7/12/19 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan:
I tried "Tim Clauson" & "Clauson-Marshall Racing" but could not find that post. Is there another?
There's a post on Tim's FB page (Tim Clauson), or at least there was one earlier this morning (can't access FB from work)....

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #28 7/12/19 1:14 PM
Yup. It didn't come up on my phone this AM, but it's there on my desktop now. As others have said, it's a good post.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, jjones752, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #29 7/12/19 1:43 PM

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
huskermudd (Offline)
  #30 7/12/19 3:15 PM
Talking to the powri it was usac that took the ball and ran
2 Likes: Ken Bonnema, tirespinner