Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bob Clauson
12/9/18, 12:56 PM   #21
Re: Bob Clausen
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget 89 View Post
How was Bob Clauson relates to Bryan and Tim?
Grandpa and father

12/9/18, 1:09 PM   #22
i love dirt track racing

Our racing family's send out our prayers and thoughts with the clauson family's. A meet and greet with him and the time that we all have shared will definitely be something that we all will miss. Thanks Bob for the memories and thanks for being apart of the things that we love. Simply the best. Rip . Bob clauson. Thanks.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, rachasin
12/9/18, 11:11 PM   #23
Re: Bob Clauson
racenut69

RIP,Mowerman.....Prayers to the family,Bob was one of a kind!

12/10/18, 9:12 AM   #24
Stephen Cording

We first met Monica & Bob in 2011 at Gas City, Indiana on the opening night of the USAC Indiana Sprint Week. Since then we went from being friends, to being treated as family.

The shout of "Steve" as i walked jetlagged around the front of Discovery as Bob jumped up from his chair to give both me and Ailsa the warmest of hugs and the usual greeting of "Got a cold one waiting for you guys" became the greeting that announced our latest Racing Vacation.

Monica who was usually inside the RV, would make her way outside on hearing the 11am British accents breaking the peace of the still at rest race track with a shout of "your here' and more hugs. Then Ailsa and Monica would get onto the serious business of seat planning and T-Shirt discussions until the Pits opened while Bob would look on half guessing what Ailsa was saying in her Northumberland accent.

That's pretty much how all our racing vacations started.

For me as an Englishman Bob was the American Outlaw, living his life, his way, on his terms.

Driving over from Cali to catch races all summer in Indiana is only a dream most of us can only dream of. It's certainly something I'll never be able to achieve.

Thank you for the time we got did get to spend together. It wasn't long enough, but then it never is in life, is it.

Tell them you love them.

AND Don't just talk about it. Make it happen. Life really is just a Green, White, Chequered.

12/10/18, 9:47 AM   #25
Rpracing1

Prayers go out to the Clauson family from our race crew.............John, Michael, Brian, Mike and myself. Had the pleasure of meeting Bob a few times. Genuine as the come. RIP.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/10/18, 10:24 AM   #26
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Thoughts and prayers to the Clauson family.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/10/18, 12:12 PM   #27
Nate

Was really bummed to hear about the passing of Bob this weekend. Bob and Monica have always welcomed me at their campsite since meeting them after I moved back to Indiana. Always full of great stories and ready to debate anything going on around the Indiana dirt track scene. I brought a first timer to a race at Gas City a few years back and Bob gave him a BC shirt since he wasn't wearing a racing shirt himself. Just serves as an example of the type of person Bob was. It will definitely be different in 2019 not having him around at places like LPS, Bloomington or Kokomo.
Attached Images
Bob.jpg (194.0 KB, 86 views)

12/10/18, 7:21 PM   #28
BrentTFunk

The first time I met Bob is when he and Monica were following the All Stars, and I was working at Kokomo Speedway. They had their old motorhome, and still traveled with their dog Brutus. We talked about that last year, and he always wished Brutus could have rode in the new motor home. RIP
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 12/10/18 at 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling

12/12/18, 5:27 PM   #29
TJRACER

Rest In Peace, Bob! Will not be the same this summer without Bob, Monica, Jade and the familiar motor home. He always had a big wave for me when I pulled into the track. Will have an extra Bud for you this weekend.

Whiskey Tom

2 members like this post: mc/rider, tirespinner
12/12/18, 5:56 PM   #30
racefan20

I think you might still see the motorhome at a track near you.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bob Clauson