IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac seas
12/9/18, 9:56 PM   #11
Re: Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
The World of Outlaws have used the split field for Qualifying format for years. Flight A & Flight B. You only qualify against the Drivers in your group and that lines up the Heat Races accordingly.
WoO sets Feature Line-ups by the Dash Finishes. Worked well for years. USAC needs to look into running Dashes.
Thanks for clearing that up. I disagree with the dashes though. They are the main reason I don't like wing races. I say keep doing the way they have been based on time, with invert, you really have to race to start up front. I wouldn't mind a king of the hill type deal, but wouldn't like it if I was a team.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
12/10/18, 1:35 PM   #12
Re: Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac
jim goerge

[QUOTE=flagboy55;506165]After thinking about this for a bit, I called my dad to see if my memory was correct. Back when we first started going to USAC races religiously, the format was brutal, In a great way for the fans but tough on racers. Only the top 28 qualifiers got to race, the rest went home. I think that’s in part why they produced the best wheelmen of all time. You got to race hard all the time or load it
Didn"t USAC run 28 cars in heats with ONLY 16 making the feature?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac seas