IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #11 10/29/20 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Friends who we have met years ago and see at just about every dirt race happening. We get together and most times we tailgate(adult beverages and something on the grill) and talk racing. We have gotten very close and love and care about each other (I think my families know who I"m talking about) That"s the racing families I know and love. One thing I think is pretty kool about my families is almost all of us met on IOW or joined shortly after.. So once again, Thanks Bill for bring all us together.
I've met a bunch of folks from IOW since I moved to Indiana,bit I also met a bunch of people including Bill W from Hoseheads message board going back over 20 years ago now. That is what started it all off for me back in the day...
6 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, racegal, racenut69
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #12 10/29/20 3:18 PM
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing:
Hell aq it would of been nice for you to come up and sit with the racing family and enjoy the great racing events. LOL. Well hopefully next year we can have a great meet and greet with you. Be safe buddy. Thanks.
Stubb called me probably minutes before the last USAC race at Gas City and asked where I was. I was up there at the James Dean and Ducktail rod runs earlier that particular day and came home to work on the latest weapon after getting my fill of walking around looking at hot rods rather than stay for the races. Now if I had known earlier that he was going to be there I would have changed plans. He asked if I was going to Kokomo,and I told him I didnt plan on it,so whether he showed up or not,I dont know.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #13 10/31/20 2:09 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Curious what constitutes the racing family?
We started out as a regular racing family . Just fans that enjoy the racing events. When you go to the racing events you never know who you might meet. We have made friends from people that sleep in there van and sometimes you can find them sitting down with a couple of kids and crayons during a racing event. Sometimes you run into a couple of ladies from Ohio
at the first smack down that lock there keys in the vehicle. LOL. And when you go to tss many years ago we meet a great group of people . Sometimes you meet your best friend and they become your racing families. We are a great family because some like ice cream and some from from PA. And NY and all across the world. God bless the racing community and be safe. God bless America. Thanks.
8 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, dirt330, Dirtfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, wildman92