IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racemedia (Offline)
  #1 6/20/13 10:33 AM
Robert Ballou formerly of Rocklin, CA currently living in Indiana released this statement on his Facebook page today:

I have made the difficult decision to part ways with the #5 team. It has been a rough start to the year and unfortunately traveling to LaFayette to work on the car out of my own pocket by myself has become too much of a burden to continue. This is not the outcome I had hoped for but I believe it is what is best for me at this time. I want to publicly thank Ken & Margo Baldwin for the opportunity and hope they can continue their season on a high note. I will be piloting the Pollock Racing 21x this weekend and in the future and look forward to strong finishes with that team. I have great confidence in their motors and equipment. I will continue to run my own #12 car as my schedule allows and I want to thank my sponsors as well as mechanic Derrick Bye for sticking with me through thick and thin. I believe we will finally be getting the wins that you all deserve. My focus has always been racing and will continue to be 100% in the future.
12 Likes: addictedtodirt, chasinracin2, cmakin, dirt330, interpreter66, jim goerge, Jimmydiesel, LUCKYONE, oppweld, racephoto1, scottyCbus, SpfldMile
dubsak95 (Offline)
  #2 6/20/13 11:51 AM
Wow good luck Madman!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #3 6/20/13 1:38 PM
might be an op for grant or hupp?

Posted via Mobile Device
3wide (Offline)
  #4 6/20/13 1:39 PM
I doubt Grant would go back to the Baldwin ride. He drove for them in 2010.

Posted via Mobile Device
Ty (Offline)
  #5 6/20/13 2:40 PM
Maybe T-mez?
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #6 6/20/13 2:58 PM
After hearing Robert's interview on last weeks "Flip the Switch", I can't say this comes as a surprise. I hope this works out well for all involved.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #7 6/20/13 8:22 PM
Mad man I'm a big fan I've got number 81 shirt signed and I just bought a number 5 shirt if I bring it to race we sign it and I'll have to give me a 21 X good luck

Posted via Mobile Device
sp6967 (Offline)
  #8 6/20/13 8:45 PM
best of luck

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
illinifan (Offline)
  #9 6/20/13 9:15 PM
Always look forward to watchin the Madman drive, no matter the car. Best of luck to this new pairing

Posted via Mobile Device
Sausage (Offline)
  #10 6/21/13 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by PJ Wright:
After hearing Robert's interview on last weeks "Flip the Switch", I can't say this comes as a surprise. I hope this works out well for all involved.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: PIT CART, rightrear