IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off-Season Cabin Fever
12/3/17, 6:31 PM   #1
Off-Season Cabin Fever
Stevensville Mike

December has just started. Already we are trying to find things to talk about until we start up again in April around these parts, dodging rain, high winds, and possibly finding, just POSSIBLY, good weather to go racing.

We currently have a thread about a soon-to-be-named-sooner-or-later Gas City promoter. Rich is fighting off all in this thread. Good luck, bud. Rich is obviously coming off of watching modifieds and stockers running at Butler Speedway for hours on end, waiting for that 15 car Sprint Car A Main kicking off at 1:15 a.m. I feel for you, Rich, but I am staying out of that thread.

We have to keep supporting our friend Charles in his quest to quit smoking. Hopefully all is still well there.

We have to keep our friend Jim Goerge in good spirits as he keeps his head up and might need someone to help him carry the load this Winter.

Then there is the Lloyd and Gail thread in which we are ALL hoping for the best, and keeping them in our hearts, souls, and prayers.

Indoor racing in DuQuoin and Ft. Wayne are things to look forward to, also.

So I am going to throw THIS into the ring to get us through the off-season. Nothing illegal like torrent sharing. Just a site to point us in various directions to get our racing fixes as we move towards the Chili Bowl next month. No sprints, no midgets..... no dirt. Just racing from around the globe that we might not have given a look until now.

Expand your horizons, all:

www.gpreplay.com

Race on, and have a good snow shovel ready to go.

12/4/17, 12:46 AM   #2
flagboy55

Nice perspective Mike, as always

12/4/17, 10:15 AM   #3
Re: Off-Season Cabin Fever
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Nice perspective Mike, as always
Just trying to help our members get through our Winter withdrawals. I have them, too.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, nathans1012
12/4/17, 12:07 PM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Here are a couple things I do to help me get by. I DVR a bunch of races and don't watch them until I get the winter blues. Right now I have 8 NASCAR Modified races saved up to watch. I'm also a BIG winter sports fan so I watch a lot of Downhill Skiing along with Bob Sliding, Luge and Skelton. Anyone who's willing to strap on skis and go downhill at over 90MPH has my respect! Can't wait for the Olympics to start!

12/4/17, 10:34 PM   #5
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Thanks for the link Mike. WRC racers would look good at Butler

12/5/17, 9:24 AM   #6
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
Thanks for the link Mike. WRC racers would look good at Butler
Any time, Rich. I know if you have a few weeks to kill, watch the World Endurance Championship start to finish. A grind every round.

12/5/17, 11:36 PM   #7
PushEm

I'm honestly busier in the off season than during. Rebuilding the engine, front end, rear end and transfer case. Getting ready for 2 weeks of shows in Florida in Feb. Also helping to rebuild a sprint car program at Twin Cities.

I'm ready for the 2018 season just wish I had a few more weeks to get everything done.

Waiting for those schedule releases👍

6 members like this post: davidm, erich45, fish, i love dirt track racing, Kydehart, PIT CART
12/6/17, 12:08 PM   #8
btg1963

Thanks for all you do AJ! Your push truck is very professional looking.

2 members like this post: mc/rider, PushEm
12/6/17, 4:04 PM   #9
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushEm View Post
I'm honestly busier in the off season than during. Rebuilding the engine, front end, rear end and transfer case. Getting ready for 2 weeks of shows in Florida in Feb. Also helping to rebuild a sprint car program at Twin Cities.

I'm ready for the 2018 season just wish I had a few more weeks to get everything done.

Waiting for those schedule releases👍
Can't wait to see you guys in Florida. Thanks for all the great things that you do for us racing fans and racing teams and promoters. Thanks.

2 members like this post: mc/rider, PushEm
12/6/17, 5:14 PM   #10
PushEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Can't wait to see you guys in Florida. Thanks for all the great things that you do for us racing fans and racing teams and promoters. Thanks.
We are all one big family and I'm making it my personal goal to make an impact everywhere I go.

3 members like this post: davidm, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off-Season Cabin Fever