IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why end the season out west
8/12/17, 1:28 PM   #11
david mitchell
Banned

Lets have the world series in japan.baseball is pretty big there. Indycar does same thing.most tracks around here,but where do they finish.absolutely incredible.

8/12/17, 1:33 PM   #12
Re: Why end the season out west
ThePurple73

Also it is part tradition. For years the Pacific Coast Race, Manzanita, and Turkey Night were always the chance for Midwesterners to go out west and race after the seasons were normally over.
It is still that way now. Some of the race names have changed but same concept.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
8/12/17, 2:07 PM   #13
Re: Why end the season out west
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Lets have the world series in japan.baseball is pretty big there. Indycar does same thing.most tracks around here,but where do they finish.absolutely incredible.
Now I get why people say you are stupid. MLB games and fan base all in the US yet they call the championship the WORLD Series. Yeah that makes sense. Wake up son.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/12/17, 2:39 PM   #14
Baylands

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
The fanbase of major league baseball is in the u.s. Lets have the world series in japan.its ok though because it is big in japan.you guys seem to have answers to everything.same thing with indycar.fan base and most circuits are around here.where do they finish.california.absolutely incredible.
So David, no need to impune your intelligence like some have done, this isn't Hoseheads. You asked a reasonable question, and received reasonable answers. However instead of acknowledging those who replied with good answers, you compare fair weather racing November in California to flying to Japan. I spent time in Tokyo during the winter. It, like Indiana is usually quite cold. I assume you live in Indiana. If not, Google the average evening temperature in November, or just remember how cold it usually is if you live there. As others have mentioned, it is a National series, and the fan base at the end of the year is always great for the California and Arizona Events.

In summary, it's a reasonable and well worn question, but maybe the folks who work at USAC day and day out making their living on its' survival have a pretty good historical record of how successful it is to end where the weather is great, instead of cutting the season off early in the Midwest as most regional series do.

i live in Northern California and only get to run non wing 410 during California Speedweek and at the end of the year we take time to go South. I would recommend you save up your vacation as I bet you wouldn't have a hard time convincing Mrs. Mitchell to fly out to Los Angeles for a week in November. Disneyland, the beach, the Oval Nationals, terrible traffic. We have it all. You're a good man, turn it into a positive thing in your life.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, interpreter66, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/12/17, 3:27 PM   #15
captrat

While I am not in agreement with Mr.
Mitchell I find the tone of your comment at best counterproductive and not in the spirit of this forum. There is another forum available to you which would more suit this kind invective.

1 member likes this post: Baylands
8/12/17, 3:39 PM   #16
david mitchell
Banned

Weather here at salem is good.only fifteen or so cars.wish we could have more,but i forget there are many reasons why we can't.all valid and well thought out.😆😆😆

8/12/17, 3:44 PM   #17
david mitchell
Banned

Oh yes,i forgot,lets run the usac cra series all season ,then bring it back here for its conclusion.😏😏😏makes a lot of sense to me😝😝😝😝.i would have thought by listening to me about weather,you would know that there can be nice days in the state of indiana in october.🙀🙀🙀🙀

1 member likes this post: Baylands
8/12/17, 4:13 PM   #18
Baylands

Enjoy Salem weather, I think the rebuilding of all the Asphalt series should be on USAC's priority list. We had Kody S in our dirt sprint car out here in the West Coast. He won. Great guy, family, driver.

8/12/17, 4:18 PM   #19
david mitchell
Banned

Bayllands is correct,lets rebuild the series.but we can't,there is no way according to the fans around here.many reasons why it cant be done,not many on how to do it.

8/12/17, 4:20 PM   #20
Baylands

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
While I am not in agreement with Mr.
Mitchell I find the tone of your comment at best counterproductive and not in the spirit of this forum. There is another forum available to you which would more suit this kind invective.
I had to look up invective, I like that word!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why end the season out west