IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Robert Ballou
9/30/18, 7:55 PM   #51
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
The stuff I have heard is not direct. I can see things, and know how they work. It wouldn't take a real smart ambulance chasing lawyer to use Robert's quotes to cause the sport some real problems. A good lawyer could probably do even more under the right circumstances. That is just based on my personal experience. I know that was never Robert's intentions, but that is how things work.
So , you don’t care to share with the masses who the bigger players that you say were not mentioned. Come on , give us some ambulance chasing experience.Lotsa interest in that if you do indeed have that info otherwise we can assume hearsay and assumptions on your part also. Pretty sure on the USAC executives along with the race day officials, just not real sure on the Key Industry Track Partners.
Thanks Brent for your insight.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/30/18 at 8:15 PM.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge
10/1/18, 2:17 AM   #52
streetglider

Evidently usac likes yes men. I guess when the track is unsafe & prepped like a hay field the winner should exit his car & state during his interview that the track crew & usac did a fantastic job getting he track in great shape. And also give kudos to AMSOIL & Hoosier while still on the mike!!!! If that’s what fans want to hear then they can watch nascar. Every fan that comes through the gate can tell when the surface is prepped correctly or if it was done half a$$ed !!!! Can you imagine Hewitt, Amati or even Opp giving a BS answer n victory lane like that , after busting their butts on a bad surface???? I can’t either & I like the honesty & no BS responses from RB. Keep this in mind my friends........ the Grand ole Opry & Nashville i n general hated Hank Williams !! Why? Because his songs were beautifully honest & he refused to cave to the corporate mentality just to sell records ! Now where would sprint carracing be without a guy like RB ?? I think you get the analogy. It’s basically the grand ole opera (usac) vs. Hank (Ballou). Gimme some more Hank and less Kenny Chesney !!!!!!!!!

10/1/18, 10:21 AM   #53
D.N.3

It’s one thing to state your opinion but when you’re spewing out nonsense and things like “once they kill someone” he’s crossing the line. Robert has been struggling, and instead of looking in the mirror he wants to point the finger at others. He’d be better off to have a face to face (like the old days) with whomever he has the problem with rather then looking for “likes” on his Twitter account.

10/1/18, 11:08 AM   #54
Re: Thank you Robert Ballou
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Time to open the IOW Nursery. Not for Ballou, but for all the excuse making apologist who don't believe the track was great and his claims (At least this time and several other times) were baseless. It's kind of the old, Cry wolf every time you don't win and your not helping things, your hurting them. There's a chain of command, even for a sub contractor. As a painter and carpet installer, I couldn't walk in someones house and say their wife's ugly and their dog's mangy. They'd of been on the phone for the company I was working for in a second, and I'd of been out the door. There is a problem with the track, You go to the comp director. The director makes his own decision on it then goes to the promoter or track prep person. It's that or you load up. You don't go in victory lane and bash em right in front of em on the mic or on social media, Which he did on all three visits to one track listed in 17 and did to Eldora both this year and last year and as many of the complaint's that were warranted were offset by the times they weren't.

I've stated before I think he's a hell of a guy, hell of a racer and a good person, But after so much of anything, You wouldn't stand there and take it, Over and over and over. He had it coming and his removal of the post and apology is kinda proof he knew he was in the wrong.

6 members like this post: billw, BrentTFunk, erich45, fish, mc/rider, PIT CART
10/1/18, 5:00 PM   #55
sp6967

i haven't ever driven a sprinter so I can't really make a wise comment.

10/1/18, 10:18 PM   #56
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Time to open the IOW Nursery. Not for Ballou, but for all the excuse making apologist who don't believe the track was great and his claims (At least this time and several other times) were baseless. It's kind of the old, Cry wolf every time you don't win and your not helping things, your hurting them. There's a chain of command, even for a sub contractor. As a painter and carpet installer, I couldn't walk in someones house and say their wife's ugly and their dog's mangy. They'd of been on the phone for the company I was working for in a second, and I'd of been out the door. There is a problem with the track, You go to the comp director. The director makes his own decision on it then goes to the promoter or track prep person. It's that or you load up. You don't go in victory lane and bash em right in front of em on the mic or on social media, Which he did on all three visits to one track listed in 17 and did to Eldora both this year and last year and as many of the complaint's that were warranted were offset by the times they weren't.

I've stated before I think he's a hell of a guy, hell of a racer and a good person, But after so much of anything, You wouldn't stand there and take it, Over and over and over. He had it coming and his removal of the post and apology is kinda proof he knew he was in the wrong.

Open up the nursery?? This is hilarious coming from one of the biggest babies on this board. You are such the hypocrite. If someone picks on your precious Lawrenceburg you cry and whine. Similar to the promoter that can’t take criticism either. Clearly he struck a nerve with these 3 tracks and what a shock the Burg was finally a good surface for a USAC sprint car show after all of this. Another poster on this board stated how THAT was a track that got blasted and just went to work and made their track better. Last I heard he isn’t banned from there. Saying that a person could be killed is over the line for sure. One has to wonder how big of a pacifier Ole Phony Stewart needs after calling him a pissy baby.

Open some space in your nursery for Funk as well. Posts about things he has heard and can see how things work. Please,,,the two of you state concrete facts or stop posting. I’m tired of hearing how you guys know people and have sat in meetings with unnamed people. Blah blah blah.

It appears based on this decision by the sanctioning body there is no way the 12 could ever really be treated equally with other competitors based on their feelings being hurt. Such a shame since what little national respect USAC had left was from people who thought they were a gritty tough group of racers and club. Oh well enjoy your nursery, I hope while you sit on your carpet squares drinking your milk the racing is good since in the end that’s what this was all about. Good racing with equal effort from the teams and the tracks.

2 members like this post: 7horse, jim goerge
10/1/18, 10:39 PM   #57
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Open up the nursery?? This is hilarious coming from one of the biggest babies on this board. You are such the hypocrite. If someone picks on your precious Lawrenceburg you cry and whine. Similar to the promoter that can’t take criticism either. Clearly he struck a nerve with these 3 tracks and what a shock the Burg was finally a good surface for a USAC sprint car show after all of this. Another poster on this board stated how THAT was a track that got blasted and just went to work and made their track better. Last I heard he isn’t banned from there. Saying that a person could be killed is over the line for sure. One has to wonder how big of a pacifier Ole Phony Stewart needs after calling him a pissy baby.

Open some space in your nursery for Funk as well. Posts about things he has heard and can see how things work. Please,,,the two of you state concrete facts or stop posting. I’m tired of hearing how you guys know people and have sat in meetings with unnamed people. Blah blah blah.

It appears based on this decision by the sanctioning body there is no way the 12 could ever really be treated equally with other competitors based on their feelings being hurt. Such a shame since what little national respect USAC had left was from people who thought they were a gritty tough group of racers and club. Oh well enjoy your nursery, I hope while you sit on your carpet squares drinking your milk the racing is good since in the end that’s what this was all about. Good racing with equal effort from the teams and the tracks.
Your facts for ya, What's wrong with the track other than he couldn't navigate it? And for the record, I never said who was in what meeting or any meeting for that matter, Keep making stuff up. I gave examples of times he's done it before and mentioned there were as many non substantiated as there was legit.

10/2/18, 1:48 PM   #58
7horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post

Couldn't agree more

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Robert Ballou