IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
7/14/13, 10:05 PM   #171
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
SteveB31

DAD,

Thanks for the comment, but 07/08 R1 has a cable throttle. The newer R1s are fly by wire, I think.

7/14/13, 11:24 PM   #172
DAD

WHAT KINDA INJECTORS ARE YOU USING? YOU SWITCHED THEM OUT WITH THE SAME KIND OF INJECTOR? WERE THE SECOND SET OF INJECTORS NEW OR JUST DIFFERENT. RUNS FINE PART THROTTLE? RUNS THE SAME HOT OR COLD?

Honest Dad himself

7/14/13, 11:26 PM   #173
RoyaltonMiniSprint

Yes it is on a 2007 Honda soon as the wiring is done I hope to get it running!!

7/15/13, 8:59 PM   #174
wing-44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
DAD,

Thanks for the comment, but 07/08 R1 has a cable throttle. The newer R1s are fly by wire, I think.
07/08 r fly by wire

Posted via Mobile Device

7/15/13, 11:35 PM   #175
SteveB31

You are correct. I was mistaken , and now realize what that means.

7/16/13, 9:26 AM   #176
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
You are correct. I was mistaken , and now realize what that means.

You Know!!! This was in fact a very good thread, maybe it didn't get Mr. Striker in the race, but it sure aired a lot of concern people have for this particular class of race car, that most of us still refer to as Mini Sprint.

Too bad Bill Gardner has decided to relegate it to the back of his board. These guys wishing for national rules don't really know what they are wishing for. Those that want national rules want them just the way "THEY WROTE THEM".

The best example I can think of a good National Rule Book would be the rules used by NMMA "National Micro Midget Association" This is a 50+ year old organization. I raced under it's rules in 1957. Micro's had all but died out when along came the sidewinder. These people took it upon themselves to develop rules for and yes even classes for this particular car.

They can accommodate drivers from preteen "8 year old kids" to adults. Their rules were so good that many other sanctioning bodies like Poweri USAC and countless other small tracks across the country have chosen to use them as their own.

They have had years and years of experience working with people and rules, and some of the sharpest minds in the country. I just found out their president is a guy named Floyd Bailey. A pioneer in mini sprint racing.

We need people with passion but we also need people with experience. I for one know that when you walk into a meeting with a pre conceived idea of how the rules should be and you meet people with the same conviction about their rules, not much gets accomplished. Many of these people want the rules to revolve around themselves and what is good for them and feel everybody else should just dumbly follow them. I have been to more of these meetings than I care to remember.

People in business for profit have more to gain from writing rules that apply to every one fairly. To name a few NASCAR, USAC, Poweri,. Groups run by the racers CART and INDY RACING LEAGUE have problems because everyone in the meeting is watching out for good old #1.

The idea of an open minded Benevolent Dictator is more to my liking. To be in charge of a racing body, You don't have to be loved by everybody, you don't have to be hated by everybody, but you do have to be respected by EVERYBODY.

Make rules that are simple to understand, simple to enforce and fair to everybody and people will adapt your rules as their own. Of course they will always throw in a couple of extra rules more to their liking so they can call it their own.

Could not one say to several of the people posting here on IOW that they in fact took MMSA rules that where in fact AMSA rules and added to or subtracted to these rules to meet their needs and or wants. So in fact we already have a "National Set of RULES" that were modified to meet the needs of specific clubs and at times made only to protect their turf and or racers in their groups from the attack from the outlaw racer like old "minisprintracing". I would call that discrimination.

Honest Dad himself

PS> It sure is good that this thing is stuck in the back where no one will read it>

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
7/16/13, 8:49 PM   #177
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Weight only goes so far, our good friend Colin Ambrose has the same car, injection, same engine as me. He's alot more on the scales. He's a better driver than I but I guarantee the weight has no effect on him being fast. So I'm not buying the weight argument. Unless its like 300-400 difference.
Even then if the tracks slick they may have an advantage.

Everyone wants these cars to be universally ruled. Easily done, stock motors, after market oil pans and fuel delivery allowed. Only.
No port no polish, no rods, pistons, cams, no removing anything. Alky is for safety, so you'll never get stock injection rules, and half the motors won't fit with a stock pan. These motors will last, and be competitive if you leave them alone.

Roger Solenburgers, and Bill Mays rules are just fine.

Quit playing with the oil system dad. !

Posted via Mobile Device
Keep the weight at 200lbs for hot rod motors and ban drivers like the Ambrose brothers, that sounds fair to me.

Honest Dad himself

12/12/14, 11:38 AM   #178
DAD

wonder if we can get this thread going again?

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints