IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #1 12/30/12 2:17 PM
The square midget tail tank showed up at Fort Wayne this weekend. It was rumored that the owner of the car was verbally defending it as USAC legal. Here it is straight from the USAC 2012 technical rule book:

Car Construction / Body

F. Only standard type Midget Car bodies, tail tanks and hoods will be permitted..
3 Likes: jdull99, jim goerge, Wayne Davis
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #2 12/30/12 2:21 PM
Originally Posted by donmoore10:
the square midget tail tank showed up at fort wayne this weekend. It was rumored that the owner of the car was verbally defending it as usac legal. Here it is straight from the usac 2012 technical rule book:

Car construction / body

f. Only standard type midget car bodies, tail tanks and hoods will be permitted..
hope they threw him out...wait guess they could have given him a chose ...replace it or go home

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #3 12/30/12 2:24 PM
Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw:
hope they threw him out...wait guess they could have given him a chose ...replace it or go home
You have got to be kidding. That guy is king of the "free passes".
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #4 12/30/12 2:30 PM
Was it just Tony or Fedorcak's car too?

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: jim goerge, mudracer98
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #5 12/30/12 2:33 PM
It was the "Our Gang Comedy" car. Apparently the crowd was not too happy with the whole package. There was loud applause and cheering last night when the car left the arena on a fork lift.
2 Likes: mowerman, Wayne Davis
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #6 12/30/12 2:38 PM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
It was the "Our Gang Comedy" car. Apparently the crowd was not too happy with the whole package. There was loud applause and cheering last night when the car left the arena on a fork lift.
What car number?
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #7 12/30/12 2:45 PM
Not a fan of the square tail tank myself but it wasn't a USAC event and if the Rumble promoters want to let them run square tank that is their decision. I'm sure there a few cars at Ft. Wayne that wouldn't fit USAC rules. Be thankful there is some open wheel racing in December when there is a foot or more snow on the ground in parts of Indiana. Wish they would run DuQuion more than once in the winter time.
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, fish, jim goerge, Modocer 57, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #8 12/30/12 2:46 PM
Is the Rumble a USAC sanctioned event?
Buster51 (Offline)
  #9 12/30/12 2:58 PM
Wow who cares,its indoor race don't recall it being a sanctioned race. It was good racing, I always like to see the old vw's come out that the big money guys drove to the barn.

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, Jrp4554, TQ97
racefan20 (Offline)
  #10 12/30/12 3:07 PM
Not to be defending him/her(I wasnt there so I dont know who the driver was) but doesnt that rule leave ALOT to interpretation?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan
Closed Thread