IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
DAD (Offline)
  #211 9/19/11 3:55 PM
Yeh but the valves are too easy to to work on on those engines, and they fit everything too tight and they probably wouldn't work with castor oil, and that slick die casting is not cool looking. And the are too damn cheep.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #212 9/19/11 8:25 PM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
I would like to address two related topics: Scheduled practices before race dates and Ford Focus racing.
Don must have missed this post

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...motor+speedway
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #213 9/19/11 8:40 PM
Originally Posted by dad:
yeh but the valves are too easy to to work on on those engines, and they fit everything too tight and they probably wouldn't work with castor oil, and that slick die casting is not cool looking. And the are too damn cheep.
lollllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #214 9/24/11 9:27 AM
We recently participated in the USAC D1 midgets series at Columbus Motor Speedway (pavement). Here is the tire bill for that race:

MG7 $159.06

MG5 $168.93

MG7.3 $187.55

Tax $34.80

Total $550.34

We actually bought four new tires but returned the fourth one when we encountered steering issues.

It's my understanding that these tires cannot be used for a National midget race.

ASAIK, there was no limit as to the number of tires that could be used to race for the evening.
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #215 9/24/11 9:32 AM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
Don must have missed this post

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...motor+speedway
I am totally against all special day midget practices. They serve absolutely no purpose but to drive the cost of racing midgets up, up and up. This is insane.

And apparently the owner of Columbus Motor Speedway missed the post also. I called him on Friday morning inquiring about the schedule and what was going on and he made no mention of any special practice session.
Closed Thread