IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 Ticket Pricing For 2016
5/19/15, 11:38 PM   #1
Indy 500 Ticket Pricing For 2016
ISF

Got and e-mail today from Indianapolis Motor Speedway and was astonished to find that our tickets for the 2016 Indy 500 are going up in price a whopping $34.00 apiece.

This incredible increase comes just 1 year after a state mandated increase of $9.00 per ticket and 2 years removed from a sizable increase from The Speedway.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the pricing for 2016.

I doubt we can have that much fun.

5/20/15, 1:03 AM   #2
Re: Indy 500 Ticket Pricing For 2016

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Looks like it really depends where your seats are. I see some seats jumped up $44 dollars. I'm on the backstretch and mine haven't changed much at all luckily. next years ticket will only be $5 more than I paid in 2009. Looks like all the Deck seats, penthouse and box seats saw the biggest price increases.

A $34 dollar jump like yours in one year is not right. People will stop renewing at jumps like that. that should not be what they want.
they must be betting on enough people willing to pay the price.

5/20/15, 1:20 AM   #3
Flatrightrear

They can give'em away free for all I care but those that regularly attend have to remember that they're seeing the "greatest spectacle in racing." Or has that motto gotten a bit stale over the years?

3 members like this post: dctracy79, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan
5/20/15, 5:23 AM   #4
cecil98

I got lucky... seats went up $3. I still might not reorder. I don't understand how they can raise prices when the demand is about half of what it was and decreasing each year...

5/20/15, 5:26 AM   #5
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Points View Post
Looks like it really depends where your seats are. I see some seats jumped up $44 dollars. I'm on the backstretch and mine haven't changed much at all luckily. next years ticket will only be $5 more than I paid in 2009. Looks like all the Deck seats, penthouse and box seats saw the biggest price increases.

A $34 dollar jump like yours in one year is not right. People will stop renewing at jumps like that. that should not be what they want.
they must be betting on enough people willing to pay the price.
Agree!! $34 is a huge increase to simply switch from a metal folding chair to a plastic stadium seat.... I would tell them to "shove it"

5/20/15, 5:31 AM   #6
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

It might have something to do with the renovations that r Spose to be in the works for next year.... Just a thought... Dunno but Qualifying morning saw on TV news talking to track rep about.....don't agree with price hike but that's probly how they'll pay for it... Spose to b a better "experience" as I remember him stating?????

5/20/15, 5:42 AM   #7
sprntr

Mine are going up $6 each. I plan on renewing for next year (the 100th running) but $109 for Little League field quality BLEACHER seating is bullpucky. I doubt I'll go in 2017, I think I'll spend my money on the other races I haven't gotten to yet, Knoxville Nat'ls, Chili Bowl, etc.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
5/20/15, 7:07 AM   #8
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92 View Post
It might have something to do with the renovations that r Spose to be in the works for next year.... Just a thought... Dunno but Qualifying morning saw on TV news talking to track rep about.....don't agree with price hike but that's probly how they'll pay for it... Spose to b a better "experience" as I remember him stating?????
A "better experience" would be a few, or more, American circle trackers getting a legitimate shot and enough entries for a decent and interesting "bump" day..... That would be a start for me.. next year will be my 53rd in a row and probably my last...

1 member likes this post: DirtHawk92
5/20/15, 7:22 AM   #9
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

The tickets for the 500 have been over priced for years and its no surprise they keep going up! I mean they raised the price of qualifications to $20 and that meant your HARF membership went from giving you a ticket to qualifications to just a practice day ticket! Now you wanna talk bull crap that's BS! Its sad to see this happening but not a surprise in this day and age. For the average race fan its just to much money for what you get in return to even go anymore.

5/20/15, 8:14 AM   #10
Action Tracker

Still a pretty good deal compared to the other top tier sporting events in the world.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 Ticket Pricing For 2016