IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unser, Rutherford & McElreath Personal Items Up For Sale
1/20/23, 10:41 AM   #11
Re: Unser, Rutherford & McElreath Personal Items Up For Sale
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I walked under a low roof one night, and put a big dent in it,
Rutherford describes Cromwell helmets as Paper Mache helmets.

Jim McElreath was buddies with the guy responsible for the old Indy garage wooden doors when they were taken down from the Brickyard garages. McElreath had him deliver 3 sets to his Arlington, TX home. Jim then modified the doors and installed them on his personal race shop garage. One of the sets of hinges and latches is part of the auction.

Bobby Unser was the 1993 (first and last season) Champion of the made for Television race series Fast Masters. You may remember seeing the races from IRP on ESPN on an altered oval. They used high-dollar Jaguars, which were very expensive to repair after a night of rubbing and banging. Included in the auction is Bobby's helmet, a Fast Master award, a large Jaguar diecast signed by all the participants, and Bobby's Fast Master jacket.

Prebidding and online bidding is open now with the live auction tomorrow in Valparaiso, IN.

www.KraftAuctions.com

Bart
Attached Images
7683 Brickyard hinges.jpg (87.9 KB, 19 views)
7674 Fast Masters.jpg (128.0 KB, 19 views)

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
1/20/23, 11:07 AM   #12
TQ29m

They were lite I know that, can't imagine they were a pithe material, but who knew.
I know one thing, the guys I raced small hydroplanes with were very interested in mine because they floated, they did have a cork liner?
Last edited by TQ29m; 1/20/23 at 12:16 PM.

2 members like this post: Blackduce, Ilovedirttrackracing
1/21/23, 8:33 AM   #13
bart

The auction wraps up this afternoon. Good news, you can bid from your couch. More info at KraftAuctions.com.
Bart
Attached Images
Kraft Blast Flyer 01.jpg (410.4 KB, 17 views)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unser, Rutherford & McElreath Personal Items Up For Sale