IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?
4/18/19, 10:08 PM   #21
Re: Double D"s ride in USAC?
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
Hey Chief NOT NO NOTHING. He won some little 500s. How many current owners have championships?? Not cream of the crop. You obviously know nothing do you ? Maybe not all USAC but I did win in the Epperson Sprint Car & Epperson’s Midget. Ask Shane Cottle, Hunter Percent, Eric Gordon, Nick Bilbee , Brady Bacon and many more drivers and I think the late great Robbie Stanley did run pretty good in the Epperson Gordon Silver Crown Car but he is not a top team owner. So Chief NO NOTHING how many wins or championship do you HAVE as a owner or driver? So you my friend ARE WRONG and its a pretty damn good ride and as your dumb Azz says it’s just an OKAY ride lmao.

Sincerely

Bobby Smith # 8
Maybe ok wasn’t a good word and competitive would have been better. You obviously have ties with Epperson and I respect you defending them. I’m not a driver or owner. Current owners Hoffman, Ballou ( yeah owner/driver), Baldwin Brothers. Thank you for reminding me of the little 500’s. Those are big wins. Congrats on your wins with them. Anyone that straps into a 410 is a badazz.

4/18/19, 10:42 PM   #22
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Maybe ok wasn’t a good word and competitive would have been better. You obviously have ties with Epperson and I respect you defending them. I’m not a driver or owner. Current owners Hoffman, Ballou ( yeah owner/driver), Baldwin Brothers. Thank you for reminding me of the little 500’s. Those are big wins. Congrats on your wins with them. Anyone that straps into a 410 is a badazz.
Its all good and my apologies to you as well. Hopefully we will run into each other at the track and I will buy you a beer, coffee or soda and popcorn and we can talk and laugh about this . Have a good evening.

4/18/19, 10:50 PM   #23
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
Its all good and my apologies to you as well. Hopefully we will run into each other at the track and I will buy you a beer, coffee or soda and popcorn and we can talk and laugh about this . Have a good evening.
You had me at beer

4/19/19, 3:31 AM   #24
hoosierboy3

I think anyone would rather drive for Epperson than Baldwin. Especially if they were to be a cat owner......

4/19/19, 4:40 AM   #25
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Maybe ok ride, wouldn’t say it’s cream of the crop. Think maybe Tyler Thomas won 1 race for them last year. Don’t think they’ve ever had a championship? Let me know if I’m wrong.
First wanna say Bryan I’m only obliging your last two sentences of your response. So please take this in a positive manner, as thats how it should be construed. As I didn’t take some of your responses as belittling the 2E car at all. You may simply just not know? And that fine. No harm, no foul.
The Epperson 2E car has in fact won a championship. Shane Cottle won a KISS series championship for the Epperson’s. Yes that wasn’t a forty race series. But hey it’s a championship none the less. It was earned, and something certainly to be proud of.
I’ll leave you with this Bryan. I’d encourage next time the 2E is at a track your at, go down find Tony Epperson introduce yourself and shake his hand and just chat.
You’ll be hard pressed to find people with the dignity and character as the Epperson’s.

4/19/19, 5:14 AM   #26
Non wing lover

Leave the epperson team alone and appreciate the fact NB that support the races we need teams to support because without all of em showing up the sport will die I hope something can be done by to gain new car owners I shutter to think what hat would 5-10 years down the line the sport every owner we can get

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/19/19, 6:28 AM   #27
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierboy3 View Post
I think anyone would rather drive for Epperson than Baldwin. Especially if they were to be a cat owner......
Baldwin fan here. Miss seeing him at the track, great car owner and person.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, wright59
4/19/19, 9:02 AM   #28
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierboy3 View Post
I don't think I've laughed so hard at a comment on IOW since I joined in 2012. So thanks for that! Made my day.

3 members like this post: Bill Angel, captrat, jim goerge
4/19/19, 2:56 PM   #29
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
Baldwin fan here. Miss seeing him at the track, great car owner and person.
Just can’t trust him around your animals.

2 members like this post: jdull99, Jim Gardner
4/19/19, 3:54 PM   #30
E.G. Indy

Tony and Millie Epperson are some of the finest people to be involved in sprint cars. I would give an arm and a leg to drive for them.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?