IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race rained out
4/19/19, 12:00 PM   #1
Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race rained out
admin

4/19/19 11:57 AM LAWRENCEBURG USAC SPRINT RACE RAINED OUT

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...ace-rained-out

LAWRENCEBURG USAC SPRINT RACE RAINED OUT

Lawrenceburg, Indiana (April 19, 2019)………Ongoing rain and a forecast for more precipitation on raceday has forced cancellation of the April 20 USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship event this Saturday at Lawrenceburg Speedway.

The series will make three more visits to the southeastern Indiana 3/8-mile dirt oval this season, making stops on July 21 for “Indiana Sprint Week” and on October 5 for the “Fall Nationals.”* Additionally, the USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midgets will make a stop at “The Burg” on June 8 for “Indiana Midget Week.”

The USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship now resumes on May 10-11 for a doubleheader #LetsRaceTwo weekend at Rossburg, Ohio’s Eldora Speedway.* Cullman, Alabama’s Kevin Thomas, Jr. leads the standings.* Chris Windom, Justin Grant, C.J. Leary and Brady Bacon have each been victorious this season through the series’ first four races.

Meanwhile, the Silver Crown Champ Car Series’ Hemelgarn Racing/Super Fitness “Rollie Beale Classic” is up next up on the USAC National trail on Saturday, April 27.

Lawrenceburg Speedway gets back to action next Saturday, April 27 with the “King of the Midwest” featuring Kelsey Chevrolet Sprint Cars, KOI Auto Parts UMP Modifieds, Impact Sports Pure Stocks and Bessler's U Pull & Save Hornets.

4/19/19, 1:36 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race rained out
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

King Dickie Gaines will be seeking his third straight crown.
April 27th

2 members like this post: dirt330, FALCONEDDIE
4/19/19, 6:07 PM   #3
7horse
Banned

Should reschedule for Sunday

1 member likes this post: Hotrod
4/19/19, 7:08 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
Should reschedule for Sunday
Not trying to be mean,
But Sunday is Easter

4/19/19, 8:03 PM   #5
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Not trying to be mean,
But Sunday is Easter
Agreed Sunday would be a bad decision. My question is why the original rescheduled date of May 4th was taken off the table and now that this after thought rain date doesn’t work out, why not run it May 4th??? Usac has nothing at all that wknd with all divisions, so why not run then?? The whole reschedule of a rain date seemed fishy to me at best. Since you are in the know with Lawrenceburg Speedway maybe you know why that date was changed. It would be a real shame if that wknd turns out nice and this event could be run and it doesn’t happen.
I wonder if this is a usac thing that none of their divisions are scheduled or it’s s Lawrenceburg thing that the original rain date was changed to this wknd and now not made up.

2 members like this post: 7horse, chrismattlin
4/19/19, 8:11 PM   #6
7horse
Banned

They don't have any problem running on Memorial Day or Independence Day at Lawrenceburg, what's wrong with Easter?

4/19/19, 8:21 PM   #7
dustbowl

With all the rain throughout the weekend Sunday wouldn’t be possible either.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/19/19, 8:22 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Agreed Sunday would be a bad decision. My question is why the original rescheduled date of May 4th was taken off the table and now that this after thought rain date doesn’t work out, why not run it May 4th??? Usac has nothing at all that wknd with all divisions, so why not run then?? The whole reschedule of a rain date seemed fishy to me at best. Since you are in the know with Lawrenceburg Speedway maybe you know why that date was changed. It would be a real shame if that wknd turns out nice and this event could be run and it doesn’t happen.
I wonder if this is a usac thing that none of their divisions are scheduled or it’s s Lawrenceburg thing that the original rain date was changed to this wknd and now not made up.
Im not so much in the know, At least I don't make any decisions for them. I make suggestions like everyone else.

However the buzz was that it's Haubstadts WoO weekend. Some of the USAC teams are known to run that, As they do LBurgs memorial day date.

I don't know if any of that's true, so take it as hearsay.

Chuck

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/19/19, 8:42 PM   #9
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im not so much in the know, At least I don't make any decisions for them. I make suggestions like everyone else.

However the buzz was that it's Haubstadts WoO weekend. Some of the USAC teams are known to run that, As they do LBurgs memorial day date.

I don't know if any of that's true, so take it as hearsay.

Chuck
Wow! If what you say is true about the WoO race then I guess Usac racing is second rate after all. Afraid of the WoO?? Holy smokes. We are supposed to accept that a wing race on the other side of the state is scheduled and a few usac drivers might want to run it so usac caves??? Wow I must be.gulliable then. Clearly if the WoO is at Haubstadt and USAC is afraid to run anywhere in the state of Indiana that nite much less somewhere else they know they are second rate. What a shame. I guess I need to re-evaluate my thoughts of usac and especially it’s leadership. Kind of thought they were weak after decisions made last year but if this is true, that solidifies it. What a shame, the best sprint car racing in the country and they are afraid of the WoO. So sad.

3 members like this post: 7horse, dirt330, jim goerge
4/19/19, 10:36 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Wow! If what you say is true about the WoO race then I guess Usac racing is second rate after all. Afraid of the WoO?? Holy smokes. We are supposed to accept that a wing race on the other side of the state is scheduled and a few usac drivers might want to run it so usac caves??? Wow I must be.gulliable then. Clearly if the WoO is at Haubstadt and USAC is afraid to run anywhere in the state of Indiana that nite much less somewhere else they know they are second rate. What a shame. I guess I need to re-evaluate my thoughts of usac and especially it’s leadership. Kind of thought they were weak after decisions made last year but if this is true, that solidifies it. What a shame, the best sprint car racing in the country and they are afraid of the WoO. So sad.
I told you nothing I said was based in fact. Yet you go on a rant? They used to not reschedule once. They tried, It didn't and isn't going to happen.

It's entirely possible the original reschedule date was changed by the tracks working with each other, rather than against. IDK.

I at least thank USAC and the track for at least trying to have a race that was cancelled to none other than Mother Nature.. It isn't happening again on the second time. Time to move on.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/19/19 at 10:46 PM.

3 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, PJ Wright
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race rained out