IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Rockford yesterday
5/2/08, 9:34 AM   #1
Midgets at Rockford yesterday
bullring

My shop is close enough to Rockford Speedway that I can hear the cars when they are on the track. Yesterday I heard some cars and I always listen to see if I can figure out what class it is. At first I thought it was a legend car but they seemed to sound a little different so I thought it could possibly be a midget. I ran over there and saw 2 Wilke-Pak number 9 cars and also the big Mopar semi but couldn't see what car was with it. I'll see if I can get some lap times from somebody that was out there.

5/2/08, 10:27 AM   #2
Re: Midgets at Rockford yesterday
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullring View Post
My shop is close enough to Rockford Speedway that I can hear the cars when they are on the track. Yesterday I heard some cars and I always listen to see if I can figure out what class it is. At first I thought it was a legend car but they seemed to sound a little different so I thought it could possibly be a midget. I ran over there and saw 2 Wilke-Pak number 9 cars and also the big Mopar semi but couldn't see what car was with it. I'll see if I can get some lap times from somebody that was out there.
Rockford,Il. Speedway shows a 30 lap Nat'l Midget Race on May 18th (Sun)...Could it have been a test session for the Mopar #9 & #49 Kasey Kahne Racing team of Brady Bacon,Brad Sweet?...... if what was reported to have be seen was the famous Blue/White colors of Mopar on the cars & Hauler!!.......Just mabe a clarification only here....Brucer'

5/2/08, 11:02 AM   #3
bullring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter View Post
Rockford,Il. Speedway shows a 30 lap Nat'l Midget Race on May 18th (Sun)...Could it have been a test session for the Mopar #9 & #49 Kasey Kahne Racing team of Brady Bacon,Brad Sweet?...... if what was reported to have be seen was the famous Blue/White colors of Mopar on the cars & Hauler!!.......Just mabe a clarification only here....Brucer'
Somebody told me Dave Darland was one driver there. They're having a 3 race weekend here in May so I expect to see some other teams testing there as well.

5/2/08, 11:15 AM   #4
dirtball

Dave Darland and Kody Swanson were testing at Slinger last week. They ran laps under 11 sec. The track record is 11.o95, set by a taxi cab.

5/2/08, 1:30 PM   #5
fotojeff

Dave Darland and Kody Swanson for the 9 Racing team and Jerry Coons Jr for the Wilke Pak Racing teams both tested the other day.

The upcoming USAC National Midget race will be on Sunday May 18, following 2 nights of midget pavement racing in LaCrosse, WI and Slinger, WI.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Rockford yesterday