IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
rachasin (Offline)
  #11 8/15/16 9:55 AM
Outlaws wanted complete control!
Chuck wanted it his way!
sapper211 (Offline)
  #12 8/15/16 11:06 AM
$250,000 purse, $50,000 to win either side (wing/non-wing), minimum $1000 to make the A-main, $1000 quick time bonus. Extra $25,000 to win both sides of the show. According to the track, these are guaranteed payouts regardless of car count. Who can win both? In the absence of BC, Brady Bacon would be my current top pick to double up. Does Rico run USAC 410?

According to Badlands 8/14/16:
"To put to rest some rumors. THE PAYOUT WE HAVE LISTED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CAR COUNT. EVERYTHING IS BEING PAID OUT. We simply built the original payout assuming we'd have 64 winged cars and 50 non wing cars. There is no minimum, no maximum car count. This is the Inaugural Gold Cup, and we had to build a payout system and had to start somewhere. This is all guaranteed money."
http://www.badlandsmotorspeedway.com/driver-payouts/
2 Likes: flagboy55, old time Hoosier
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 8/15/16 1:38 PM
Bacon's in the Hoffman Car NW but is listed as registered in the 99. No BK listed on the Non wing register but I seen him post he is doing both I'd say that entry list quit updating a week after it was posted.

Boespflug's going and a couple other teams I know of are.

As far as the wings, OK, The top ten or fifteen WoO cars won't be there. They're off racing for Ten K. I know where everyone else will have a shot at some real $$$ and thats Badlands.

Charles Nungester
Jonr (Offline)
  #14 8/15/16 2:25 PM
The purse is way top heavy. From the middle on back, the pay is not that spectacular for either wing or non-wing.

Badlands is trying to do some damage control. Why would you ever put a car number on an entry form unless that was the minimum needed to guarantee the purse.
sapper211 (Offline)
  #15 8/15/16 3:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
The purse is way top heavy. From the middle on back, the pay is not that spectacular for either wing or non-wing.

Badlands is trying to do some damage control. Why would you ever put a car number on an entry form unless that was the minimum needed to guarantee the purse.

I don't know, but this is the same guy who went to a neighboring track (not the one he operates), in an neighboring state (IA) earlier this year and prior to the A-main went to the tower to give them $10K to add to the winner's check. Doubt he worries much about damage control.

http://www.rockrapidsspeedway.com/news/?i=40225
3 Likes: flagboy55, old time Hoosier, PIT CART
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #16 8/15/16 3:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:

I believe when this race purse was announced it stated the non wing purse was based on 50 cars, 64 wing. Maybe they've changed their tune now tho.
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #17 8/15/16 4:34 PM
I can't wait.50 grand to win! Thats ten usac wins. I'm pretty sure most guys running with usac have never even raced for that kinda cash. ***** going to be awesome

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
6 Likes: dirtyd6305, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, old time Hoosier, PIT CART
dirtracer74 (Offline)
  #18 8/15/16 5:28 PM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
I believe when this race purse was announced it stated the non wing purse was based on 50 cars, 64 wing. Maybe they've changed their tune now tho.
Yes they have changed their tune. WoO was simply trying to keep things in perspective. The purse was not guaranteed until after the WoO withdrew. The cost of pit passes was an issue, which those have now also dropped $20.00 per person. Remember, WoO platinum members have their own pit pass deal at each event. Control of the event. Badlands wanted 100% control, no presence from WoO officials at all. No outside media presence, no dirtvision. No outside WoO venders without paying fees to Badlands. The list goes on. Many things the WoO contracts in to their shows. Badlands wanted nothing more than the WoO drivers, and the WoO name, but did not want to pay any type of sanction fee, or any other part of the sanctioning deal. Even Knoxville and Eldora do not have the demands for the WoO that Badlands was trying.

You can say what you want, but the fact is Badlands seems to have issues with everyone that tries to race sprint cars in that area. Not an isolated issue, or two, but everyone. Now, as someone else said, they are in damage control mode.
4 Likes: flatout, JakeCroxton, jim goerge, motorhead748
sapper211 (Offline)
  #19 8/15/16 5:40 PM
What they have explained (in their words above) is that there is actually some math involved in the process of determining and advertising a purse payout schedule. For them to announce the (proposed, initial) payouts, they did the math by splitting the guaranteed winged payout over a fictional number of 64 cars and the guaranteed non-winged over 50 cars. They are still paying the same amount, but obviously if there aren't 64 and 50 cars (exactly), the math comes out different. In other words, if there are fewer cars, the payouts per position will be larger since they are paying out the same amount!!!! I seriously hope they get a USAC midget show at Badlands next year.
2 Likes: flagboy55, wideopen24
Jonr (Offline)
  #20 8/15/16 5:48 PM
Originally Posted by dirtracer74:
You can say what you want, but the fact is Badlands seems to have issues with everyone that tries to race sprint cars in that area. Not an isolated issue, or two, but everyone. Now, as someone else said, they are in damage control mode.
There was a great line on Hoseheads about Badlands. " ...When one of my best friends, who has been married and divorced 4 times, starts complaining about his new girlfriend being a b*&ch, I say "did you ever consider that it might be you?"
3 Likes: jim goerge, Motormasher, nathans1012