IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Newbie to site
10/23/15, 6:40 PM   #11
i love dirt track racing

Maddog53 welcome aboard and enjoy the greatest web site that bill built and enjoy the great hospitality from all the great racing events and racing teams and racing families that you will ever meet. Have fun and enjoy. Thanks.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/23/15, 9:09 PM   #12
interpreter66

Welcome ,if your into pavement the little 500 is a must see,if your not into pavement you will be after seeing the little 500🏁

1 member likes this post: Kansasdirtfan
10/24/15, 8:31 AM   #13
Re: Newbie to site
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

Thanks Rich. I have Sprint week and Kokomo Smackdown on my radar. Thanks everyone for all the support and info. I am sure I will be utilizing it.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racegal
10/24/15, 8:58 AM   #14
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Welcome! I have made some true friends from being on this site! Thanks to Bill!! I hope you like it!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/24/15, 12:41 PM   #15
jim goerge

Maddog I have noticed people have told you about what I call the northern tracks cuz they are all above Indy. I love those tracks too BUT we have other tracks you gotta see too. Lets start a little south of Indy, in beautiful downtown Putnamville , its Lincoln Park Speedway, I think its a quarter mile high banked bullring, runs non wing sprints, mods, and a couple classes of stock cars. Next right down the road is the Terra Haute action track, the only true half mile in Indiana, high speed and its not called the action track for nothing. Next up is the beautiful red clay of Bloomington Speedway, non wing sprints,winged racesaver 305 sprints,and stock cars. Couple hours south is Tri State Speedway, the class track, high speed, high banked quarter mile clay track known for slide jobs and photo finishes. I hope this helps you out, as you see you can go about anywhere in Indiana and see great non wing racing.

10/24/15, 1:02 PM   #16
The Fanthom

Race Count This Year: 1

My advice. Don't be afraid to see some regular shows as well. They give you a better appreciation of the Indiana scene than big events to me. Budget wise they are a great deal too for a traveller.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART
10/25/15, 9:27 AM   #17
Wingman

My Advice. If you even remotely like wing racing on this site. Don't mention it. If you are open minded and like both non-wing and wing racing you be murdered on this site. It is one way or the highway.

Welcome aboard Mad Dog. I travel so I prefer the specials as well. I don't want to travel and see 10 cars in the feature. I usually based it on 5K or better. But sometimes those shows have small car counts.

1 member likes this post: fish
10/25/15, 10:20 AM   #18
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
My Advice. If you even remotely like wing racing on this site. Don't mention it. If you are open minded and like both non-wing and wing racing you be murdered on this site. It is one way or the highway.

Welcome aboard Mad Dog. I travel so I prefer the specials as well. I don't want to travel and see 10 cars in the feature. I usually based it on 5K or better. But sometimes those shows have small car counts.
Amen to that, Wingman! Personally, I really love knowing I can go to events like the Four Crown Nationals and thoroughly enjoy both nights.

2 members like this post: fish, PIT CART
10/25/15, 10:43 AM   #19
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
Amen to that, Wingman! Personally, I really love knowing I can go to events like the Four Crown Nationals and thoroughly enjoy both nights.
GY that is great weekend of racing! You get the best of both worlds.

10/25/15, 1:56 PM   #20
Sprints fan 11

You could camp many weekends and watch a race 3 nights in a row. Gas City or Bloomington Friday night. Putnamville or even Paragon on Saturday night and Kokomo on Sunday. Paragon though not as good as Putnamville s has good racing. Everybody runs a feature in sprints at Paragon meaning often. A double feature of sprint car racing. Paragon also has the Amati 66 lap race which is good to watch them fight it out that long.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Newbie to site