IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?
7/13/09, 2:41 PM   #31
Re: Bp?
nonwing79

He races many of these guys weekly at Kokomo. He is on a budget and I respect that. I also would have liked to see Chris Gurley last night, he has been running strong this year.

7/13/09, 3:58 PM   #32
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwing79 View Post
He races many of these guys weekly at Kokomo. He is on a budget and I respect that. I also would have liked to see Chris Gurley last night, he has been running strong this year.
Chris's wife is close to giving birth to twins and last night as they were getting ready to leave Amber had what they thought were labor pains so they rushed her to the ER. The Doc's thought it was muscles beginning to tear around her belly but all is well. Chris's deal is a perfect example of picking where he can make a buck for as little over head as possible. As for Billy I applaud him for doing it his way.
Last edited by john3g; 7/13/09 at 4:27 PM.

7/13/09, 4:09 PM   #33
Vukie

http://www.flayme.com/troll/angler.shtml

2 members like this post: Cale88, Joey Woods
7/13/09, 6:49 PM   #34
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
Two questions

1) How much does it cost to run 1 round of Indiana Sprint Week?
2) (a question I thought of when I worked Chicagoland this weekend) Would Ryan Newman have ran Indiana Midget Week? (this requires more than a knee-jerk response and requires that you were around USAC racing at that time).
Fuel costs are the same. Tires are the same. Not sure of the price of a 3-day TP. To use the word "budget" is a bit confusing. As for the Fox Bros...they build great engines. And they'll build whatever size you wish. I just wanted to see how he stacks up against the best. Guess we'll never know.

7/13/09, 7:09 PM   #35
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
Fuel costs are the same. Tires are the same. Not sure of the price of a 3-day TP. To use the word "budget" is a bit confusing. As for the Fox Bros...they build great engines. And they'll build whatever size you wish. I just wanted to see how he stacks up against the best. Guess we'll never know.
What big name driver(s) are running sprintweek that Billy has never competed against?
You may never 'know' (meaning admit) how he stacks up, but most fans and competitors know he stacks up just fine.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
7/13/09, 7:40 PM   #36
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

7/13/09, 8:46 PM   #37
psullivan

Tires for Indy cars all cost the same - they all use the same chassis and engine combo - so why does Penske win so often?

7/13/09, 11:33 PM   #38
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
duke, come'on you must be really bored.
how you guess that! Its been fun There are some real bozo's on here and i like to just piss them off!!!!! I have more fun with them then the do with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its ok to be a big fish in a small pond!!!!!!!!!!! The ledgen strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!! Saps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote:
tires for indy cars all cost the same - they all use the same chassis and engine combo - so why does penske win so often?
cause hes the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
i agree.. Not choosing wisely where to race would be the dumbest thing to do for a family owned and operated team. "cherry picking" i don't believe in that term. Not when it comes to paying for the expenses outta pocket. In todays world you go where you can justify unloading and lets be real for what it cost to run with usac and the way their format is and the cost just to sign in, it just isn't a smart decision for weekend warrior like billy,who in my opinion can get the job done without question on any given night. It seems the "cherry picking" term is always thrown around by people that have no idea about the cost involved. I don't blame anyone for going to a place like vcs while usac is running at gas city. Why not? Chin up billy you maybe one of only a few smart ones....
it pays 5 times as much to win a usac race then a weekly show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It don't cost 5 times as much to race usac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/13/09, 11:46 PM   #39
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
from looking through old usac yearbooks, you apparently didn't "show up" to many back in the day, either :2:
whats that got to do with my question? I did what i wanted to do and when i drove a good car i run up front with the best sprint car drivers in my time!!!!!!!!!!! So kiss my

7/13/09, 11:56 PM   #40
ThrottleHead

Go here and see the stats for yourself...

http://www.openwheeltimes.com/owt_driverreport.php

Duke.... please learn how to spell. Learn how to win an argument without insulting people and see if that helps your credibility. I bet it would. Or can you??

P.S. Calling Pat Sullivan a hayseed is pathetic. Is that all you can come up with?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?