IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Larson at the Chili Bowl!
11/7/22, 2:48 PM   #1
No Larson at the Chili Bowl!
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

No Larson at the Chili Bowl!

I know it’s been discussed. But this confirms it.

He at the Rumley Motorsports Late Model team with Longhorn Chassis has entered the Wild West Shootout at Vado Speedway Park in New Mexico.

Picture below.
Last edited by nathans1012; 11/17/23 at 2:26 PM.

6 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, rmr6nm, tirespinner
11/7/22, 4:22 PM   #2
Pancho Stapp

It would be nice to have him entered but the show goes on. The CB will be just fine.

11/7/22, 5:58 PM   #3
flagboy55

So now I’ve got two races on in the garage instead of one. Actually I was hoping his grievance was going to help raise the purse, but I haven’t heard any talk of that since a few months ago. It really only hurts the CB. No real amount but now there’s Larson fans that will be watching Late Models instead of the Chili Bowl. As the previous poster said, it will be fine, but it does present an option

3 members like this post: nathans1012, NoDramazone2020, spicoli
11/7/22, 7:00 PM   #4
Re: No Larson at the Chili Bowl!
NoDramazone2020

A good ole fashion pissing contest....CB will be fine....Larson will be fine...all will be fine...Larson has definitely decided that being vocal is the way to go in his career....no issue with it, just different persona

4 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider, Rcar, tirespinner
11/8/22, 8:52 AM   #5

There was a driver that ran both last year. Cant remember who it was. Left Vado and ran the prelim night. I don't think they had all that stellar of a night and did not return to cb on Saturday.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, erich45, tirespinner
11/8/22, 10:28 AM   #6
BrentTFunk

I believe the Chili Bowl was held without Kyle Larson many times with much success. I can understand how a fun week could turn into a lot of work for a guy like him. He will be just fine.

11/8/22, 1:54 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
So now I’ve got two races on in the garage instead of one. Actually I was hoping his grievance was going to help raise the purse, but I haven’t heard any talk of that since a few months ago. It really only hurts the CB. No real amount but now there’s Larson fans that will be watching Late Models instead of the Chili Bowl. As the previous poster said, it will be fine, but it does present an option
No way will Larson make me watch LMs over Chili Bowl! I'm a Larson fan, but not a "worshipper"......

11/8/22, 4:47 PM   #8
flagboy55

There’s no way to tell but I’ll bet there’s more Kyle Larson fans just from his time in NASCAR than those of us who have been fans since we first saw him. In the big picture, we’re minuscule

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, jdull99, nathans1012, spicoli
11/9/22, 10:08 AM   #9
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I disagree. I think it does hurt the Chili Bowl and the midget and non-wing sprint car racing scene. It diminishes the prestige of the event when the biggest name in racing chooses late models instead. Several other names in the sport have left for winged sprints and now this. Crowds were not good at many of the races I attended this year, especially at the bigger tracks. The Chili Bowl will still sell out this year but it is definitely a black eye and now a lot of non-open wheel fans will view it as just another low paying non-wing open wheel race.

3 members like this post: jdull99, Jonr, miledirt
11/9/22, 2:23 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Don't get me wrong, Im still a huge Larson fan.

But I liked it better when he just showed up, Kicked ass and stayed humble. Not saying he's not now, just using his star power a bit more.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, miledirt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Larson at the Chili Bowl!