IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th
5/5/10, 10:43 PM   #11
Re: Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th
hupp#9

im goin to post my oppinion on this.. i was planned on running sat but may go to lawrenceburg now. i think its a joke to pay $35 for a a pit pass to race at a track that the catch fence hasnt been updated in god knows how long whether mason is making money or not is his buisness not anyone elses. i dont care about that its the fact that the economy is so bad now we can barely afford to race on $25 pit passes and race your balls off to break even for that night. now we have 35 down the drain and another 35 if we wanna run two classes WHO DOES THAT? asct is doin a great thing trying to make it affordable to race now the track is making it just as expencive. All this is doin is running his people off look at lawrenceburg top of the line everything and has always been $25 and i done double dutie there and didnt have to pay an extra $25.. just my thoughts and im done so if you wanna bash me go ahead im done i said what i need to say and i think many will agree.

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, GregD, SprintManDave
5/5/10, 10:53 PM   #12
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylo82 View Post
A $35 pit pass is excessive in my opinion, especially in this economic environment when guys are scraping together $$$$ just to be able to race. Between entry fees/gas/etc we'll be spending near $200 before we ever get the trailer out of the driveway.

I have considered skipping USAC events because of the $30 entry fee......I will have to reconsider showing up at TC on Saturday. As long as we keep paying these unreasonable entry fees nothing will change.

We may have to sit this one out.
If Bloomington ends up raining out we will probably go to Waynesfield... $35 for a pitpass, $15 entry fee, only $60 to start and not allowed to run with the midgets. Plus the 3 hour drive.

1 member likes this post: Jrp4554
5/5/10, 11:00 PM   #13
Phylo82

I forgot Waynesfield was running the 1000cc this Saturday.

$25 pit pass there.....might be a better option.

We enjoy running with the MMSA at TC but that $35 pit pass just rubs me the wrong way.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

1 member likes this post: Goth23
5/5/10, 11:17 PM   #14
twincitiespr

Mason and tawnya fleetwood didn't set gate prices or pit passes for thiis event. These prices were set by the sancitioning body of asct [big jim and jt]. Sorry for the price this weekend. Thanks mason

5/5/10, 11:24 PM   #15
mini27

Quote:
Originally Posted by twincitiespr View Post
Mason and tawnya fleetwood didn't set gate prices or pit passes for thiis event. These prices were set by the sancitioning body of asct [big jim and jt]. Sorry for the price this weekend. Thanks mason
Maybe but why would you let someone else tell you what to charge to enter your pits. and who set the double pitpass?

5/5/10, 11:25 PM   #16
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

My first visit to Twin Cities was for ISW. I couldn't believe it when I was told that my pit pass was not good for sitting in the grandstand, that I would have to purchase a grandstand seat also. That was also my last visit. Looks like the philosophy hasn't changed much.

$35 pit fee plus 6 classes. Wow! I never heard of anyone charging one person for more than one pit pass, either. I really don't understand the reasoning behind this, especially with the economy the way it is. Perhaps the thought is that the racers should pay for the opportunity to race, rather than depending on fans. I just don't understand.

5/5/10, 11:39 PM   #17
Jerry Shaw

This one's gonna get interesting, I do believe.

Winston Churchill

4 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, GregD, mowerman, SprintManDave
5/5/10, 11:41 PM   #18
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
This one's gonna get interesting, I do believe.
Gonna get??.........It has been for some time now.........

5/5/10, 11:44 PM   #19
twincitiespr

this has been a track rule for 4 years, they are recieving tow money so this sould not be a big deal. we have had drivers bring 3 cars that is 90 dollars in tow and only 25dollars in pit passes. just trying to keep it fair. admission prices are more then normal, but after this weekend they will go back to normal 10 grandstand and 25 pitpass. thanks mason

5/6/10, 12:18 AM   #20
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
$35 for a pit pass is pretty unreasonable. So if a driver wants to race a sprint and a midget, they'd have to buy 2 pit passes, $70 all together. This just sounds pretty crazy. Some of USAC's biggest races only charge $30 per pit pass, and you are getting a larger purse.
no they wouldn't pay $70. usually 1 person = 1 pit pass. if thats how Twin Cities does that is the biggest load of B.S. i have heard in quit some time.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

double pit pass. now that could be considered wrong. $70 for 1 person. drivers trying to make a buck not loose it. do the drivers have too wear 2 wrist band to.
Last edited by nathans1012; 5/6/10 at 12:24 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th