IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phoenix Today - Silver Crown and Midgets
11/13/09, 4:08 PM   #81
Re: Phoenix Today - Silver Crown and Midgets
IndyBound

It was an excellent race and would have been a three way battle for the win at the end if Jacob Wilson didn't have a RR shock break with 11 laps to go. Jacob's day will come when he has a long list of wins to his credit. He sure has been knocking on the door for a win every chance I have gotten to see him race this year.

Congrats Coleman Gulick on a 10th place finish, that is a great accomplishment for your first attempt to run at PIR.

Patti

11/13/09, 7:55 PM   #82
spindell

It's a real shame to see this great event become an afterthought to a NASCAR weekend.
It was always great loading the RV in the Missouri winter, heading out for a few weeks in the desert, with the Copper Classic the main destination.
Thank you to USAC for providing the video. I missed the midget race, but witnessed the last half of the champ car race. The way Kody Swanson was driving, was reminiscent of the drive Jimmy Kite put on to come from the back to win in '95(?). Kody had the ass end hanging out coming off of four, while Kite did the same, with the cords showing, and smoke boiling off the right rear for the last 5 laps, wondering if the tire would make it. Love it when they get their elbows up on that big fast mile!
Hopefully they'll show the midget race again in the near future. That place always sent a shiver down my spine watching those twitchy little cars going that fast.

11/14/09, 1:10 AM   #83
Jim Halpert

I would just like to say congratulations to Cole and crew on adding another huge victory to his resume. This guy has now won the Hut 100, Tony Bettenhausen 100, Copper Classic Silver Crown race, multiple national sprint shows, and a Kokomo track championship...oh yeah...he's a National Midget Champ as well...the Whitt fans here in Brazil are very, very happy on this fall evening...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phoenix Today - Silver Crown and Midgets