IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any updates on terre haute?
10/15/17, 12:27 PM   #11
Re: Any updates on terre haute?
BrentTFunk

It was also nice to see a big crowd last night, after the bad luck they have had with the weather. Glad I didn't miss it

10/15/17, 12:47 PM   #12
flagboy55

Sounds like you guys had a good show from what I read, wish I could have made it. A friend of mine on twitter described the track as perfect, while my former engine builder called it dusty and slick. Would like to hear some other opinions

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kydehart
10/15/17, 12:55 PM   #13
duel

Was able to make Eldora but sounds like I should have made the extra 150 miles where my heart was.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Jbaldwin, PIT CART, tirespinner
10/15/17, 4:09 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
Was able to make Eldora but sounds like I should have made the extra 150 miles where my heart was.
Ditto. Although seeing Chris Phillips, who I've never seen before rim ride like he's done it for years and Michael Fischesser coming form about 12th to second was excellent.

All three races were blow outs.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/15/17 at 4:11 PM.

3 members like this post: duel, fish, PIT CART
10/15/17, 4:32 PM   #15
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Sounds like you guys had a good show from what I read, wish I could have made it. A friend of mine on twitter described the track as perfect, while my former engine builder called it dusty and slick. Would like to hear some other opinions
It was dusty...slick though? Maybe, but there was grip to be found. The bottom had potential but seemed easy to miss. Saw some huge runs off the bottom of 2 but most everyone moved up top. The moisture held up top and they kept widening it out all night. Huge sliders all night that guys were making stick. I thought it was a good track. They had it juiced up early. Qualifying in the 19s like it should be. Seemed to hold up pretty well throughout the night. I've never driven anything so I'm no expert. All I know is the racing was excellent to watch.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ByronMack, flagboy55, Simon_says17, tirespinner
10/15/17, 4:47 PM   #16
flagboy55

Don't need a perfect track for great racing, and it doesn't happen much anymore, but when you get both, what a treat!

3 members like this post: Kydehart, mc/rider, tirespinner
10/15/17, 4:54 PM   #17
cleatziff

Did they announce next years schedule? I thought I heard something about it but I didn’t catch all of it.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/15/17, 5:09 PM   #18
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatziff View Post
Did they announce next years schedule? I thought I heard something about it but I didn’t catch all of it.
Something about the 12th and 13th of October. One night for WoO and I lost the second part of the announcement. Hard to hear where I was standing.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
10/15/17, 7:46 PM   #19
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I thought the track was good except the front stretch was extremely dusty. I could hardly see the cars until about half way point. There's an obvious problem with the dirt that I'm sure Track Enterprises is aware of. They put in extra work in that area but to no avail. It will take an excavation job to fix it but we can hope they will by next year. For those that were not around from 1994-98 when Bill Hopton first put in lights, you missed the Action Track at its finest...NO DUST!! That being said, it's not TE's fault that Gerry Olsen brought in the powder dirt in '99 but maybe they'll be the ones to get rid of it. If I were them I'd be pretty frustrated with it by now and would want something better to work with. Oh well, a great crowd, good car count and a great race made for a happy night and I'm looking forward to my next race there!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Kydehart, tirespinner
10/15/17, 8:43 PM   #20
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
I thought the track was good except the front stretch was extremely dusty. I could hardly see the cars until about half way point. There's an obvious problem with the dirt that I'm sure Track Enterprises is aware of. They put in extra work in that area but to no avail. It will take an excavation job to fix it but we can hope they will by next year. For those that were not around from 1994-98 when Bill Hopton first put in lights, you missed the Action Track at its finest...NO DUST!! That being said, it's not TE's fault that Gerry Olsen brought in the powder dirt in '99 but maybe they'll be the ones to get rid of it. If I were them I'd be pretty frustrated with it by now and would want something better to work with. Oh well, a great crowd, good car count and a great race made for a happy night and I'm looking forward to my next race there!
Weren't the lights installed in 1992?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any updates on terre haute?