IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hunter Schuerenberg
10/15/17, 12:59 PM   #1
Hunter Schuerenberg
ryan84

I know non wing racing is by far the best racing, but I just wanna say it's really good to see Hunter having some good success in his winged car. Been watching him since before he could legally drive and I would always rather see him in non wing, but I'm really proud he's got the wing deal figured out again. Hope he has a good rest of this year and a big year next year. I'm sure they can't wait for their new addition to the race team soon.

10/15/17, 2:27 PM   #2
flagboy55

I too am a big fan, but was somewhat saddened that the great Brad Doty tweeted that Hunter told him this weekend that he was going "all in" on wing racing next year. As I've said many times before, I love both but I don't go to many wing races. Hate to see another one of our good ones go to wings. I hope he still does both but wish him success either way

5 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, Jbaldwin, Kydehart, Simon_says17, tirespinner
10/17/17, 7:55 PM   #3
Re: Hunter Schuerenberg
B99

Hunter was 'best in class' at Eldora Saturday. Looked very good. Joey Saldana was in a class all by himself Saturday night.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, flagboy55, PIT CART, ryan84, tirespinner
10/17/17, 9:59 PM   #4
Sprint63122

Read where Hunter is on the pre entry list for the Perris Speedway USAC race next month

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Kydehart, tirespinner
10/17/17, 10:12 PM   #5
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I too am a big fan, but was somewhat saddened that the great Brad Doty tweeted that Hunter told him this weekend that he was going "all in" on wing racing next year. As I've said many times before, I love both but I don't go to many wing races. Hate to see another one of our good ones go to wings. I hope he still does both but wish him success either way
Saw that twitter exchange too. And crossed my fingers that it was an exaggeration. Hopefully he'll run a little non wing when he has time and hope to still see him in a champ car

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Simon_says17, tirespinner
10/18/17, 4:35 PM   #6
410fuelinjected

When available dollars and arenas for no wing events decline so does the pool of Owners and Drivers to compete and survive. Sad to see another leave but wish Hunter all the success in his winged adventures.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, dkdorkboy, oppweld, PIT CART, ryan84, tirespinner
10/18/17, 9:34 PM   #7
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

He’s had a really good month with the wingers. Won the Queens Royal with MOWA. Finished third at Fairbury race, but passed Saldana twice, only to have both passes negated by yellows. He gave Saldana all he could handle the whole way. Got to see both of those races! Then his second at Eldora. It’s been fun to watch his steady progress in the wing car!

4 members like this post: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, ryan84, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hunter Schuerenberg