IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway - Kokomo, Indiana - 2024 Schedule
1/31/24, 3:35 PM   #1
Kokomo Speedway - Kokomo, Indiana - 2024 Schedule
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Kokomo Speedway
Kokomo, Indiana

Track - https://www.kokomospeedway.net/

Special Events Track
XR Super Series Late Models, High Limit Sprint Car Series, USAC National Sprint Cars, USAC National Midgets, Indiana RaceSaver IMCA 305 Sprint Cars, UMP DIRTcar Modifieds, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars, & Hornets

2024 Schedule

2/1/24, 10:01 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo Speedway - Kokomo, Indiana - 2024 Schedule
Stevensville Mike

Thanks for the calendar, Nathan. The only eyebrow raising from here is that the Kokomo Klash dates are the same two dates USAC Sprints are at Lawrenceburg.

2/2/24, 8:52 AM   #3
Tk04

The weekend of the klash has been the same for as long as I can remember, unfortunately it just is what it is. There are only so many dates places can schedule races and it will work out for both places.

Tk

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART, Stevensville Mike
2/2/24, 9:40 AM   #4
Re: Kokomo Speedway - Kokomo, Indiana - 2024 Schedule
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk04 View Post
The weekend of the klash has been the same for as long as I can remember...
Yeah, I guess you are right now that I think about it. Therefore it would be up to USAC to avoid it.

2/2/24, 4:19 PM   #5
Kirk Spridgeon

Everything is affected by something else. The last time the calendar fell this way, Kokomo Klash was Oct. 18-19. But now, Eldora runs a major event on that weekend, and it’s a bigger effect on Kokomo Klash than Lawrenceburg would be.
Brownstown’s FunFest is also the 11-12 weekend.

Haubstadt’s major season finale is the first weekend of October.
BC39 took the last weekend of September in 2023 as it was the only available option on the IMS grounds.
IRP hosts their Championship Weekend in October, but they can’t use the first weekend because that’s when Anderson runs the Tony Elliott Classic.

These are just a few of the nearly infinite conflicts that dictate where certain events end up on the schedule. The main domino in this instance that recently was added is the DTWC at Eldora.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway - Kokomo, Indiana - 2024 Schedule