IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
9/26/18, 6:32 PM   #21
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Not to be a butt head but it sounds like he mouthed off and camplained one to many times.
While you are free to say what ever the employer (in this case the series USAC) was free to say what they thought was right. He talked crap one to many time and now he bit off more they he can chew. Should learn to some times just stick a sock in it and let it go. Whining just because a track wasn't to your liking. You race on the same track with fellow drivers. I remember when he whined about Kokomo a few years ago and that was a bit over the top. Robert is fun to watch but at times is very critical when it's not even warranted. Hope this is a lesson learned for him.
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/26/18 at 6:41 PM.

5 members like this post: EBookerFan, FishBurger, kartracer99, racer5c, tirespinner
9/26/18, 6:46 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
With this harsh of a punishment, me thinks that Mr. Ballou may have been warned that this could happen. Actions have reactions. Enjoy the rest of your race season you lucky midwesterners.
I would say the fact that he offered a retraction would back that up. Feel bad he got himself in this. Hope he comes back strong. Every one has consequences to what they say. I have looked and have seen several drivers comment positive about the track, even the 2 that crashed in midgets and their car owner.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Heromaker, tirespinner
9/26/18, 6:47 PM   #23
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
This is a damn outrage! What ever happened to free speech? The guy risks his life for our entertainment & this is what he gets?
Chickenshit move by USAC....
Free speech protects you from government censorship or legal consequences. It is not a protection from consequences enforced by an employer or association you voluntarily elect to be a member of, or participate with. Criticize your employer or the company you work for in any line of work and see how long you keep that job. Most companies would sever all ties with someone criticizing them or one of their contracted facilities after repeated social media outbursts. Personally, I think being suspended the rest of the year after doing this for the third year in a row is letting him off easy.

If he is not allowed, or chooses not to race with USAC in the future, he can find plenty of races with MSCS, WAR, BOSS, MTS, etc. Maybe heading back west is an option also.
Last edited by hoosier race fan; 9/26/18 at 6:51 PM.

9/26/18, 7:11 PM   #24
captrat

USAC is not his employer, any more than the NFL is the employer of the players. This decision is another example of USAC shooting themselves in the foot. Whereas I do not agree with all his statements the idea that is prevented from pursuing their vocation based upon critical statements is fraught with potential legal pitfalls. Unlike other professional sports auto racing is generally at the mercy of independent contractors. I will await more info, but for now this seems extremely short sighted by USAC. I hope we are not going down PC road of NASCAR.

9/26/18, 7:26 PM   #25
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
USAC is not his employer, any more than the NFL is the employer of the players. This decision is another example of USAC shooting themselves in the foot. Whereas I do not agree with all his statements the idea that is prevented from pursuing their vocation based upon critical statements is fraught with potential legal pitfalls. Unlike other professional sports auto racing is generally at the mercy of independent contractors. I will await more info, but for now this seems extremely short sighted by USAC. I hope we are not going down PC road of NASCAR.
Your right their not his employer. But he has chose to race with them and since he made that choice he raced under their rules at those events. Eldora was under USAC sanction on Saturday. This wasn't the first time he has been critical of a track. I suspect he'd been warned before. Now he bit off more them he can chew end of story.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Heromaker, racingirl, tirespinner
9/26/18, 7:29 PM   #26
Sprint63122

Glad to see USUCK at it again what a classless organization he was not on probation this year at all and they go back on the 2016 -2017 deal. This deal is between Robert and tony nobody else and I guess its ok for tony to ***** about track prep at Williams grove last month and he also left the chili bowl this year over the prep plus screwed it up for the feature the year before. As for usac guess its okay to throw haymakers on the frontstretch at kokomo last year and nothing happens because this driver is in the click, right spridge, always glad to see you and the spoiled brat Levi taking things to the next level along with miller and wonder why USUCK is viewed as a joke.

9/26/18, 7:33 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Speaking as if you have facts but don’t tell what you know again. What five or six events will usac lose potentially??? Please enlighten us with your in the know info. Before you ask, I have not been to town hall meetings like you have and am not friends with the local track promoter either. Tell us your info if it’s credible.
Both nights on the USAC portion of Lets Race two and the three crown races. Ballou is a representative and competitor of the Sanction Running.

You don't think Smoke couldn't schedule a two night WoO and LM race in it's place and be every bit as successful if not more? I got no facts for nothing, But it does nothing to either KEEP or GROW the USAC brand by accusing a track of trying to kill someone when that track has made millions in improvements, Lighting, fencing safety crew, etc.

2 members like this post: Longtime sprinter, rataz
9/26/18, 7:34 PM   #28
Promodified11

I am not a Ballou fan but this is a chickensh*t move by USAC.Tony Stewart & USAC should be above this bullsh*t.Tony stay off Twitter & have Eldora make a official comment saying all attempt was made to have a fast & safe race surface for all the race teams blah blah.

9/26/18, 7:41 PM   #29
Dffuchs12

Usuck needs to not let the hypocrite Tony Stewart run their organization I believe he left early at the Chili Bowl because of the track conditions and they wouldn't let him work the track.

4 members like this post: Cage Faraday, jim goerge, tmac39, trannyman
9/26/18, 8:00 PM   #30
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Glad to see USUCK at it again what a classless organization he was not on probation this year at all and they go back on the 2016 -2017 deal. This deal is between Robert and tony nobody else and I guess its ok for tony to ***** about track prep at Williams grove last month and he also left the chili bowl this year over the prep plus screwed it up for the feature the year before. As for usac guess its okay to throw haymakers on the frontstretch at kokomo last year and nothing happens because this driver is in the click, right spridge, always glad to see you and the spoiled brat Levi taking things to the next level along with miller and wonder why USUCK is viewed as a joke.
There were fines after last years Smackdown, in fact the highest I have ever heard of. When Stanbrough went after Levi at the Smackdown, I do not believe he was fined. Kind of shoots your theory down. I don't know who is on the competition committee, but pretty certain Tony Stewart is not.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season