IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
9/27/18, 7:48 PM   #101
dsc1600

And called out Daryn Pittman merely for giving his opinion to Stewart when he asked him, he’s a hypocrite and a clown with major unresolved anger issues.

4 members like this post: captrat, FrankR63, jim goerge, oppweld
9/27/18, 9:40 PM   #102
Therealether

You can't put this on TS. Usac needs Stewart's track more than he needs USAC. He was called out, responded, and let **** fly where it might. You think he influenced USAC? Why? What does he stand to gain? Do honestly think he cares if Ballou or USAC were to never come back? Not a chance.

2 members like this post: Big Mike 7, OnTheHammer
9/27/18, 9:44 PM   #103
Therealether

No, Stewart was allowed to have his trailer hidden in the back at Volusia. Because he wasn't a full-time, he wasn't allowed to park it on the Midway with the WoO regulars, which was crap because there wasn't much foot traffic in that area other than to get to your seats. They'd have sold a ton more stuff if they let him park his there. So went to race elsewhere those nights.

1 member likes this post: okie
9/27/18, 10:09 PM   #104
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
No, Stewart was allowed to have his trailer hidden in the back at Volusia. Because he wasn't a full-time, he wasn't allowed to park it on the Midway with the WoO regulars, which was crap because there wasn't much foot traffic in that area other than to get to your seats. They'd have sold a ton more stuff if they let him park his there. So went to race elsewhere those nights.
Oh you mean because the Outlaws have rules in place regarding tshirt trailers? Which they responded and explained so everyone knew the deal. And I didn’t agree with the ruling, but it is what it is. Yet he still continued to tweet about it days, and even weeks later.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
9/28/18, 7:01 AM   #105
HDINDY

I know USAC reads this forum,You guy's should at least pay him his points he has earned them and paid for them. Remember he's risked his life his money and time and he does have fans that enjoy his talent . You know to keep your eye on him in every race he's alway's elbows up.
Last edited by HDINDY; 9/28/18 at 7:06 AM.

8 members like this post: 7horse, billw, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, jim goerge, mc/rider, ronmil, tmac39
9/28/18, 7:20 AM   #106
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Boycotting a USAC race doesn’t hurt USAC. It hurts the track and the promoter who is hosting the race. So put on your “I love Ballou” shirts & get out and support your local dirt tracks before they are gone. And have some ice cream while you’re there! 🏁

9/28/18, 9:35 AM   #107
revjimk

[QUOTE=hoosier race fan;502753]Free speech protects you from government censorship or legal consequences. It is not a protection from consequences enforced by an employer or association you voluntarily elect to be a member of, or participate with. Criticize your employer or the company you work for in any line of work and see how long you keep that job. Most companies would sever all ties with someone criticizing them or one of their contracted facilities after repeated social media outbursts. Personally, I think being suspended the rest of the year after doing this for the third year in a row is letting him off easy.
If he is not allowed, or chooses not to race with USAC in the future, he can find plenty of races with MSCS, WAR, BOSS, MTS, etc. Maybe heading back west is an option also.[/QUOTE

I'm fully aware that the legal concept of freedom of speech applies to the government & not employers. I'm not arguing that USAC doesn't have the legal right to suspend him. I'm saying its a crappy thing to do & they shouldn't do it. Non wing racing is what he does for a living, & he's damn good at it, puts fans in the seats & risks his life doing it. Do you think he'll be willing to swallow his pride & crawl back next year? He may not be any good at winged cars, & USAC is the big cheese for nonwing. Of course he shot off his mouth too many times... let the punishment fit the crime.... this was way too much IMHO

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/28/18, 9:50 AM   #108
Rpracing1

[quote=revjimk;502951]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
Free speech protects you from government censorship or legal consequences. It is not a protection from consequences enforced by an employer or association you voluntarily elect to be a member of, or participate with. Criticize your employer or the company you work for in any line of work and see how long you keep that job. Most companies would sever all ties with someone criticizing them or one of their contracted facilities after repeated social media outbursts. Personally, I think being suspended the rest of the year after doing this for the third year in a row is letting him off easy.
If he is not allowed, or chooses not to race with USAC in the future, he can find plenty of races with MSCS, WAR, BOSS, MTS, etc. Maybe heading back west is an option also.[/QUOTE

I'm fully aware that the legal concept of freedom of speech applies to the government & not employers. I'm not arguing that USAC doesn't have the legal right to suspend him. I'm saying its a crappy thing to do & they shouldn't do it. Non wing racing is what he does for a living, & he's damn good at it, puts fans in the seats & risks his life doing it. Do you think he'll be willing to swallow his pride & crawl back next year? He may not be any good at winged cars, & USAC is the big cheese for nonwing. Of course he shot off his mouth too many times... let the punishment fit the crime.... this was way too much IMHO

Rev.................Robert actually has a Real Full time job on top of his racing gig.

2 members like this post: 7horse, ronmil
9/28/18, 10:23 AM   #109
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I am still waiting to have my “Paul Harvey” moment.... still waiting to hear “the rest of the story”....
I am NOT the proper gender for a "Me Too" moment, but I do want to hear “the rest of the story” along with many others following this mess on "antisocial media"

2 members like this post: flagboy55, racenut69
9/28/18, 12:32 PM   #110
JDK222

If you were not at the meeting you probably shouldn’t be making comments.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season